We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanks

edinburgh
Level Contributor
253 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Thanks

A Huge thank you to everyone who replies to posts on here- have just returned from 3 night stay and loved it and thoroughly enjoyed stay, using helpful suggestions posted in replies to my daft questions - a credit to a lovely nation and beautiful country, thank you.

Have posted in Hurling thread below to thank Irisheyes especially again for help with my ticket saga which was well worth it as loved the spectacle of that and preceeding GAA fitba as well!

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,249 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanks

glad you had a nice visit. I hope you didnt encounter any difficulties with the transportation etc. Also I hope you got good seats for the matches

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanks

Great to hear you enjoyed your stay. We are always grateful for trip reports. Even short ones that let people know what worked and didn't for you.

Hope you get to come back soon.

Dublin
Level Contributor
2,333 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanks

Always good to hear of an enjoyable stay. Glad you got to experience some gaelic games aswell.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,571 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanks

Thank you so much for your thanks. I would estimate that about 1% of posters who were helped out ever bother with thanks and/or feedback, and you are one of them.

Kissy kissy.

09/09/09 09:09

edinburgh
Level Contributor
253 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thanks

Trip was wonderful with 14 year old son- some real belly-laughs thanks to hospitality and help received from here and Dubliners in city if we ever got stuck.

Seats at GAA games were great and thoroughly enjoyed the spectacle and impeccable behaviour of fans-our fitba got a lot to learn from sportmanship shown on and off field !

Have returned to Edinburgh in mid-festival and trying to show some of the same tolerance and heplfulness we were shown in Dublin- no guarantee it will last till end of first week in September however!

Loved the experience and putting feeler out to friend who has family there to do house -swap to make next visit longer and more affordable!

6. Re: Thanks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2010, 07:27