We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 seater auto car rentals

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
234 posts
Save Topic
7 seater auto car rentals

Does anyone know a good company for these? We will be collecting from Dublin and dropping off there too.

Boston
Level Contributor
817 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 seater auto car rentals

Hi,

We rented from Irish Car Rentals (7 Seater People carrier (Manual)). I thought we got a good deal.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,111 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7 seater auto car rentals

Enterprise, Thrifty, Sixt. should be amongst the cheapest all inclusive, I have also used Budget in the past.

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
234 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 7 seater auto car rentals

Thanks. What type of people mover did you rent? Did you rent from the airport or the city? I read somewhere that it was more expensive to rent from the airport.

Folsom, California
Level Contributor
368 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 7 seater auto car rentals

We rented from Irish Car Rentals as well, a 7 person People Carrier, and Opel Zaphira. We've actually done it twice, once an auto, the other a manual.

I will tell you that it will not hold 7 "people." The very back seats are big enough for two small kids - but not adults. And, with the back seats in use, there's very little room for any luggage.

Just beware when you rent a car using the # of people.

Both times, we picked up at DUB, dropped at SNN. The prices were no different between the airport and city center.

good luck.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,041 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 7 seater auto car rentals

If you are looking for a car that will comfortably seat 7 people, then look for a Ford Galaxy or a Renault Espace.

None of the others are big enough. And even with the Galaxy or Espace there may be luggage issues. These cars tend to compromise on storage space in the interests of passenger space.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,111 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 7 seater auto car rentals

Thrifty do a 9seat VW auto Minibus but not sure about price

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
234 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 7 seater auto car rentals

Thanks everyone.

There will initially be 4 of us (all adult size)plus 4 cases and 4 cabin bags while we drive Dublin to Cork to Galway to Donegal. Then while we are based in Bunbeg there it will vary from between 6 and 7 but no luggage.

I was thinking Ford Galaxy but perhaps we could do with the Opel. Would it fit 4 plus the luggage for the brief tour? And in Bunbeg would it be sutiable for a 70+year old in the back for drives of around an hour or two?

Does anyone know why Sixt is so expensive - more than double?

Why are there 2 levels CDW? And what is a reasonable cost for it?

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,041 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 7 seater auto car rentals

There#s a bench seat in the Zafira, it is not as comfortable as some of the other cars.

The Galaxy has fold down seats in the back similar to the Zafira but has bucket seats in the middle row.

Either will accommodate four plus luggage.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,111 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 7 seater auto car rentals

CDW varies massively between companies Sixt mite be more expensive because of the vehicle type. I know that Americans and other continental drivers are hit hard because they naturally drive on the Right.

CT
Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 7 seater auto car rentals

This car rental thing has by far been the most difficult part of my trip planning. We had booked a ford galaxy with Budget because we have AAA here in the states but the owner of our last B&B told us to give sixt a try. They quoted us a price 500-700 less. I do not know who to trust and what to do. My son said to rent bikes!! That would be a picture.