We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from airport to my hotel

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
168 posts
Save Topic
from airport to my hotel

I booked Abbey Hotel

52 Middle Abbey Street - Dublin , D1

How can I get there from airport?

Thanks!

Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: from airport to my hotel

Tinkerbelle,

You have a few options:

1. Taxi - cost about €25/30.

2. Aircoach (private coach service with 2-3 routes from airport to city centre, with set-downs in O'Connell Street maybe 5-8 mins walk from your hotel). One way fare €7

3. Dublin Bus Airport Service - Routes 747 and 748 which link the airport and city centre, again with set downs in O'Connell Street and/or Busaras (Bus Station). One way fare €6.

Taxi is maybe better value for a group of 3+ as it gets you a door to door service. The Aircoach and Dublin Bus services are very similar and have a similar frequency - the Aircoach is slightly more luxurious that the Dublin Bus service. All taxis and coaches leave from arrivals level directly outside the main terminal. Journey times about 40 minutes depending on traffic etc.

There are no rail or metro links to the airport.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
168 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: from airport to my hotel

thanks a lot.

but can you tell me if the bus stop is near the hotel?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
551 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: from airport to my hotel

You can also get the normal Dublin Bus routes 41, 41c or 16a from the airport (€2.00 fare). They leave you either in O'Connell Street or in Marlborough Street - both are about 300 metres walk from your hotel.

Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: from airport to my hotel

Aircoach set down is at the northern end of O'Connell St, about 500m from the Abbey Hotel. I don't have an exact location for the 747 set down in O'Connell Street but, as it is not a particularly long street, I suspect that the set down is probably a similar distance, if not a little closer to the hotel.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,247 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: from airport to my hotel

If you decide to get the Airlink that the other posters mentioned do not get the 748 as it does not go down O'Connell Street.

The 747 stops very close to The Spire and the bus driver will call the stop for O'Connell Street. If you are sitting upstairs you can't miss it as you will recognize the street straight away.

It will only take you about 5 minutes to walk to Middle Abbey Street.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
168 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: from airport to my hotel

Thanks!! :)

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,102 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: from airport to my hotel

41 is probably your best option for this journey and will be the cheapest too. It will let you out on Abbey Street but your hotel is about a 5 minute walk away. You will have to cross O'Connell Street to get there.

8. Re: from airport to my hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 19:18