We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin Airport Travelodge

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
212 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Dublin Airport Travelodge

Has anyone stayed here. I am interested in the transport links into the city centre and the airport. Have an early flight home and thought it might be easier to stay near airport but don't want to be in an isolated place during short break. Intend to get a bus pass for full break.

Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dublin Airport Travelodge

There are two Travelodges serving Dublin Airport - one at Swords about 2 miles north of the airport and a second at Ballymun about 2-3 miles southwest of the airport. There are reasonable bus services to both from the city centre, though I would suggest that a taxi would be preferable rather than a bus if going to Ballymun at night. Equally, I suspect that a taxi is the best means of getting from both to the airport. If you are looking for somewhere that is convenient to both the city centre and to the airport, I would suggest that you look for a hotel to the south of the airport - in Santry or Drumcondra (Dublin 9 area) on the Swords Road (main airport -city centre road). Bus services are better closer to the city centre.

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Kilkenny
Level Contributor
3,604 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dublin Airport Travelodge

I have stayed at the Swords Travelodge a couple of times. The accommodation is OK - a typical travelodge. It does not have an airport shuttle. Bus connections to the airport are good, but for an early morning flight you might need to use a taxi. I don't know how easy it is to get to the city centre from there as I have only ever used it as an airport hotel. I don't know the Ballymun travelodge at all.

This was some time ago. Now there is a much wider choice of hotels nearer to the airport. I suggest you check out the suggestions in the previous post and also some of the airport hotels with shuttles.

new York
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dublin Airport Travelodge

Traffic in Dublin can be horrendous so stay close to the airport is a good idea. It is not a good idea, however, to stay at the Travelodge. My husband and I stayed here recently and thought it was the worst place we had ever stayed in. If I were you, I would instead try to stay at Bewley's Hotel which is also close to the airport but is a much nicer hotel.

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dublin Airport Travelodge

Stayed at Travelodge Swords last weekend as my flight left at 9.15am it was OK. Reasonably easy to get to by public bus think it was the 41 had to get a taxi next morning as bus to Dublin centre doesn't run via airport during AM rush hour. The taxi cost É12.00. Swords village is about a 10-15 minute walk cross the dual carriage road outside the hotel and follow the road. There is shopping centre there a couple of fast food restaurants as well as a couple of other restaurants. I wouldn't recommend this as place to stay for the whole of your trip OK for 1 night when all you want is somewhere to lay your head.

5. Re: Dublin Airport Travelodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 04:15