We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Price of a pint????

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
193 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Price of a pint????

Have looked in the search facility but not seen any recent estimates. How much for a pint of guiness in Temple Bar pubs? Also what are the prices like for lager / wine etc. ( dont expect the wine prices by the pint :)

Sure I will still be drinking it regardless but would be grateful for advance notice to help with budgeting.

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Price of a pint????

Can't help you with prices myself, but was entertained by this site, I suspect people are not taking it entirely seriously ;)

www.pintprice.com/region.php?/Ireland/EUR.htm

Ireland
Level Contributor
52 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Price of a pint????

Was in Temple Bar this afternoon. Guinness will cost you around €4.80 to €5 per pint. A pint of lager such as Heinkeen or Bud will cost €5 minimum up to €5.50.

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,206 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Price of a pint????

Wow, that's expensive.

That's all we paid in Rome and we were told that drink was very expensive there.

The pints are at least one euro cheaper down here in Clare, although I assume they are a lot cheaper in local bars in Dublin too.

Dublin
Level Contributor
189 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Price of a pint????

The Purty Kitchen in Temple bar was selling Guinness for 3 euros a pint last time I was there.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Price of a pint????

Last week in Donegal €3.80. Yesterday in Dalkey Co. Dublin €4.50. I have noticed that lots of places do not give you a receipt with your change.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,961 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Price of a pint????

Guinness is actually the cheaper option, lager or cider will cost between €5 and €5.50 (in the places where Guinness is €4.80).

Don't be caught out, in most pubs here in the UK half a pint is (give or take a penny) usually half the price of a pint.

In Dublin, you'll pay 2/3 of the price of a pint for a half.

Third of a bottle of wine is about €5 or €6.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
431 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Price of a pint????

We sampled many a pub (obviously on a scientific price survey !) for guinness prices and found they ranged from around EUR 4.60 to 5.00 which we thought really expensive ! Temple Bar seemed highest with the most expensive at just over 5.00 Euros there and slightly cheaper just a few streets away.

Dublin
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Price of a pint????

Pints of lager in most city centre pubs range between €4.80 and €5.50. Wine is sold in small bottles - think they're quarter bottles - for around €5.00 too which is more of a rip off than the lager. Quite a few nite clubs in Temple Bar have started doing special drinks promotions so you should keep a look out for them.

London
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Price of a pint????

Hi

Was over there August last year and found that the Guinness in the bar of the George Frideric Handel Hotel (funnily not called the Handel Bar!) on Fishamble St (western fringe of Temple Bar area) was pretty cheap at 3.4 euro/pint. In the bar of the Harding Hotel next door it was 1 euro dearer. In the heart of Temple Bar, as others have said, yep 5 euro!

Most premises display beer prices in big bold letters either on the door or very near, so easy to shop around - why can't they do that in the UK?

However £1 bought you about 1.43 euro last year - lucky to get 1.2 now!

Cheers

Ntd

Eire
Level Contributor
654 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Price of a pint????

I havent a clue how much a pint is, I dont check my change. Always buy more than 1 drink at a time anyway. Must check that out of curiosity.