We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get from IMI Res to Heuston Station on Saturday?

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
349 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to get from IMI Res to Heuston Station on Saturday?

Hi all,

I'm staying at the IMI residence on Friday night, but need to be in Heuston station for an 11am train the following morning.

How much time should I allow for the journey? How much *could* a taxi cost? How about if I got a taxi to Dundrum shopping centre from the hotel, took a luas from the shopping centre in to town & then took a taxi to Heuston? Would that be the best option to save getting a taxi the whole way?

What about bus options - i.e. are there any?

thanks

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,102 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get from IMI Res to Heuston Station on Saturday?

Its a 10 minute walk to the luas Balally stop from the IMI. Then take it to Stephens Green and get bus 92 to heuston from there.

see www.dublinbus.ie for 92 timetable. It only operates at peak times but will be running on saturday morning when you need it.

Otherwise take the luas to Stephens Green and walk to the red line and take the luas from Abbey Street to heuston. This will save you paying for the bus as your ticket from Ballaly into town is valid as far as Heuston.

Ireland
Level Contributor
349 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get from IMI Res to Heuston Station on Saturday?

Thanks very much for your reply. How long approx does it take to get from Balally in to Stephen's green on the Luas? And how often does the Luas run? Thanks.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get from IMI Res to Heuston Station on Saturday?

The LUAS website has timetables and journey times

www.luas.ie

Manc_Brel
Level Contributor
176 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to get from IMI Res to Heuston Station on Saturday?

I've stayed here (April 2007). I would allow more than 10 minutes for the walk to/from the Luas.

Your going to have to walk (downhill) to the Luas (allow 20 minutes with luggage). It's not far enough to warrant a taxi, but you don't want to be rushing with bags? The Luas won't take long to arrive, and about another 15 minutes to get to St Stephens Green. From here I would get a taxi.

5. Re: Best way to get from IMI Res to Heuston Station on Saturday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 02:18