We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

£50 per night B & B is it possible??

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
1,671 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
£50 per night B & B is it possible??

Hi

We plan come to Dublin for our first time in June or September and would like to stay at clean and safe area B & B cos two women travel together, any recommend? Don't too far away city centre too.

thanks

lulu

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Kilkenny
Level Contributor
3,608 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: £50 per night B & B is it possible??

Are you talking £50 per person? If so, that should be find. A quick check on the goireland website (goireland.ie) shows B&B's in Dublin for between 40 and 75 euros per person. The best thing to do is to look through this website. Most of the properties are bookable on line so you can see what is available for your dates. Then when you have made a selection of what you like post on this site so the Dublin experts can give you their views on the areas. I don't know Dublin that well, but from what I can see most of the ones coming up look to be in fine areas.

If it is a weekend you want I suggest you book as soon as possible.

POOLE, Dorset, UK
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: £50 per night B & B is it possible??

We were going to stay at the Charles Stewart last week but couldn't get in. However, we passed it it looked really nice.

It's quite well thought of in the reviews on this site too.

http://www.charlesstewart.ie/

sussex
Level Contributor
29 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: £50 per night B & B is it possible??

No do not stay at the Charles Stewart! Stayed at the hotel over easter, you can read what i think of it on here under the hotel reviews.

Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
Level Contributor
4,520 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: £50 per night B & B is it possible??

Check out the Ballsbridge Inn Hotel, seem to have some pretty keen rates:

http://www.d4hotels.com

harrogate
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: £50 per night B & B is it possible??

I've just booked Cassidys for a 3 night break in april, it has cost me £247 including breakfast for me, partner and 4 year old son.

www.xcapewithus.com

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
1,671 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: £50 per night B & B is it possible??

Hi

I mean £50-60 per night not per person

Earth
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: £50 per night B & B is it possible??

In Dublin? You need to look at hostels instead of hotels. You need to save more money and adjust your expectations. Do more research: www.irelandhotels.com

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,243 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: £50 per night B & B is it possible??

OP - it's probably best to give your budget available to you in euro as £ means little to most people in Dublin. But I do know that the pound is very weak against the euro right now so it's gonna cost you a bit more.

B&B should cost about 40euro per person - so for 3 people you are looking at £63 or so based on current exchange.

Alternatively take a look at hotels such as comfort inn smithfield, jurys parnell street and bewleys ballsbridge - all these are decent and affordable

www.comfortinndublincity.com/…

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
1,671 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: £50 per night B & B is it possible??

Thanks all information, very useful

cheers

lulu

10. Re: £50 per night B & B is it possible??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 05:26