We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drink prices?

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
london
5 posts
Save Topic
Drink prices?

I keep hearing off everyone every time i mention Dublin that its so expensive to go there for nights out....

however im used to going out in London, so what exactly are the drink prices im to expect?

probally more on drinks like vodka mixers and glasses of wine etc.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drink prices?

Probably comparable with West End London (although the exchange rate is not great for you at the moment). Remember that Irish spirit measures are larger than the measures you will get in English pubs

dublin
Level Contributor
136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Drink prices?

i paid 5.50 euro for a pint of heinekin at the weekend (early evening before the prices go up) thats just over 4 pounds.on sunday i bought 6 bottles at an off licence for 10 euro.this is why pubs are losing so much business

Liverpool
Level Contributor
252 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drink prices?

Hi

I have just spent a weekend in Dublin and the price of a round of drinks (5 in total) was between 30-40 euros....

Nicky

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,102 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Drink prices?

Drinking in Dublin is definitely cheaper than London altho most visitors go to Temple Bar which is the most expensive area.

A vodka here is 35ml compared to 25ml in England so remember that. It'd cost about €4.50 for a measure of spirits.

Pints are between €4.50 and €5.50 but remember if you drink in tourist areas like Temple Bar expect to pay more

Ireland
Level Contributor
220 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Drink prices?

Another issue is the price of mixers - this makes spirits an expensive enough option. You can't get the 'splash' option you get in a lot of UK bars.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
296 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Drink prices?

i paid 8.30 for vodka and a can of coke in temple bar.did,nt have too many needless to say.

7. Re: Drink prices?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 21:20