We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels near croke park stadium

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
leicester england
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
hotels near croke park stadium

hello,

I have never been to dublin before and am coming with my husband and 7 year old daughter to see westlife at croke park in june.

please can you tell me of any nice hotels that are suitable for children (no noisy bars) near to croke park and shopping if possible.

thanks not asking for much am I?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
226 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels near croke park stadium

jury's inn

dublin
Level Contributor
136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels near croke park stadium

a lot of poeple will say book jurys croke park but dont.while it is across the road from the stadium it gets very busy during concerts or sporting events.also there are no shops anywhere near the area as it is mostly commerical and residential buildings around it.you could try jurys parnell street which is close to one of the main shopping areas (henry street) with the likes of debenhams,zara,next,hmv etc.the hotel is around a 20 min walk from croke park.there are no direct public transport links to the stadium so you will be walking back to the ceity centre with thousands of other people so it will be very safe.but really any city centre hotel is within easy reach of the stadium

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,093 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels near croke park stadium

There are public transport links to Croke Park, although you're better off walking from the city centre. See the transport guide in the link below which is from the stadiums website

www.crokepark.ie/files/croke_park_map.pdf

Oh and I cant believe Westlife are playing there!!!

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
3,837 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels near croke park stadium

I have walked to Croke Park more times than I can remember to hurling games.

So I would definitely recommend walking as it isn't too far from the city centre, as the others have said.

Jurys Croke Park will get booked up very early for the gig, so I think the suggestion of Jurys Parnell Street is a good one.

If you are doing a lot of shopping it is even near enough to many of the shops to bring some stuff back and have a rest before going off again.

I would suggest booking it now though, because I would think that a lot of the concert goers will have the same idea.

They have a good room rate all year round.

dublin
Level Contributor
183 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels near croke park stadium

I would suggest the Maples hotel on Iona road.Its a short walk to Croke Park.Its a small family run hotel in a very nice residential area which is more than safe and there is an excellent bus service into the city centre though you could walk it comforrtably.You would also be in walking distance of the Botanic Gardens. A very good local restaurant is the Independent Pizza restaurant .I believe the Maples has a very good early bird menu and that the food is very good.

6. Re: hotels near croke park stadium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 12:20