We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DART- how do I find out the prices

Winston Salem...
Level Contributor
124 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
DART- how do I find out the prices

We are thinking of staying at Bewley's Ballsbridge. How can I find out how much it will cost to get to the city centre. Is the DART the best way? We are planning on doing one of those hop on/off bus tours. Do any of them stop near that hotel. We will be with our 2 kids (ages 4 & 6), so we don't want to do a ton of walking.

Thanks,

Cari

Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
185 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DART- how do I find out the prices

You would be much better off taking the bus into town rather than the DART. The most frequent bus that passes by the hotel is the no. 7 but the 4 and 45 are also very frequent and pass by the hotel as well. More information can be found at www.dublinbus.ie

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
4,456 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DART- how do I find out the prices

There is a machine at each DART station where you key in your destination and it will tell you the price of the trip. Put your coins in and you get your ticket. However I have to say that these machines are not user friendly as not everyone knows the destination or name of each stop. There usually is also a human being that you can talk to who will also sell you a ticket.

I'm not sure if any of the hop on/off tours pass your hotel. The buses usually park around St.Stephens Green and go from there mainly around the city centre areas.

The DART trains are very roomy and bright with plenty of space for a childs buggy. At peak times they are packed with people going/coming from work. Be warned however that the "ticker" that tells you the next stop on the DART is usually broken and often gives the wrong information. However each train station is clearly marked with signage. There are also clear route maps in each carriage so you can anticipate each stop.

dublin
Level Contributor
136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: DART- how do I find out the prices

the bus is the best way from ballsbridge to the city centre.takes around ten mins.it would take you more than that to walk to the nearest dart station

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,135 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: DART- how do I find out the prices

the trip from Sandymount station (across the street, 3minute walk) from Bewleys is about 1.40 into the city centre. Kids tickets are less

Winston Salem...
Level Contributor
124 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: DART- how do I find out the prices

Thanks for all the information. I will check into the bus. We only have 1 day there, so I want to see as many things as I can.

Cari

6. Re: DART- how do I find out the prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 17:20