We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our fab 4 days in Dublin (with some recommendations!!)

Which Dublin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Our fab 4 days in Dublin (with some recommendations!!)

Hi

Just thought I'd post about me & my boyfriend's trip to Dublin last weekend as we had such a great time!!

We stayed at the Granby Row, Parnell Sq which was a great hotel! Really easy to walk into Temple Bar from. The hotel itself was lovely & modern with spacious clean rooms & a great breakfast each morning. I thought it was a great hotel & we paid 397 euros for the 3 nights inc breakfast so was quite a reasonable price too!!

We got the hop on hop off tour bus which is a must & went to the Guiness tour which was also well worth a visit mainly due to the end bit in Gravity Bar with the great view of Dublin & free pint of Guiness!! Unfortunately my boyfriend had a few too many the night before but he still really enjoyed it, especially when there where plenty of free pints being offered to him off husbands whos wives didn't want their pint!!! We booked online before we went & walked straight in past a huge cue so would definatley recommend pre booking!

We had the loveliest meal we have had in a very long time in Gallagher's Boxty House, it was just gorgeous! We had a seafood platter to start which was plenty to share, then I had a beef in stout Boxty & my boyfriend had a fish Boxty. The Boxty is like a potato pancake & is very delicious!! We had to finish with the bread & butter pudding I had read so much about & it didn't disappoint, it was gorgeous!!!

The bars around Temple Bar are good the only downside was the price! The drinks are very expensive, & we found the bars down O'connell street where a little less pricey. But it didn't spoil the nights out we had!

We went on a trip out on day by train to Dun Laigohaire which was lovely walked around the harbour then walked to Dalkey (long walk!!) which has a lovely village. Then we got the train from there to Bray. We were lucky with the weather as it was a hot day & there were lots of people in the sea! Lovely beach & nice pubs on the prom. It was nice to see a little bit more of Ireland other than the Capital. Would definatley recommend a trip out on the train as it was really easy to do!

Hope everyone who is planning a visit to Dublin enjoys it as much as we did, as I know we'll be back again very soon!!

Enjoy!!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
696 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Our fab 4 days in Dublin (with some recommendations!!)

Hi robo

Delighted to hear you had a good time and got some good weather too.

Are you going to do Hotel a review ?There's only two so far

(a 3 and a 5 rating)

Vales

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
6,855 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Our fab 4 days in Dublin (with some recommendations!!)

Hey Robo,

So glad to see someone enjoying Dublin! Sometimes I tire of seeing it being written off so easily. Accommodation is, indeed, very expensive there, but, it is a fun place to walk around, and, good value for all that walking in the center. Terrific place for a base, especially, if you are interested in a variety of Day Trips to surrounding areas.

Hope you and your boyfriend return to Dublin again, maybe in the off season, seeing as your only just across the way.

3. Re: Our fab 4 days in Dublin (with some recommendations!!)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2014, 07:12
4. Re: Our fab 4 days in Dublin (with some recommendations!!)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 06:20