We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best area to stay

Bahrain
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Best area to stay

Hi There

My husband and I are visiting Dublin for a couple of days in December. We would like to stay somewhere central to get an idea of the city vibe. Somewhere close to restaurants, pubs and tourist attractions.

Thank you

Sarah

9 replies to this topic
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
5,058 posts
212 reviews
1. Re: Best area to stay

Stephen Green/Merrion Sq area is where you want to aim for.

Some hotels (of all budgets) to check out; Shelbourne 5*, Merrion 5*, Brooks 4*, The O’Callaghan Group which consists of The Alex, The Green, The Davenport and The Mont Clare - mostly 4* I think). The Iveagh 4*, Drury Court.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
32,323 posts
2. Re: Best area to stay

Please post your nightly budget.

3. Re: Best area to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2018, 09:29

Athenry, Ireland
Level Contributor
87 posts
35 reviews
4. Re: Best area to stay

Stauntons on the Green https://www.stauntonsonthegreen.ie/ is a lovely and convenient place on St. Stephens Green

Melrose, Florida
Level Contributor
165 posts
15 reviews
5. Re: Best area to stay

I have stayed at buswells- cannot get more central

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,698 posts
278 reviews
6. Re: Best area to stay

PeterJ.. why would someone book on that website?

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
10,914 posts
228 reviews
7. Re: Best area to stay

Pure advertising I think mrsG.

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
6,539 posts
34 reviews
8. Re: Best area to stay

My first stay in Dublin was at the Merrion...very nice! During that stay walked by the nearby Shelbourne countless times, thought it looked great and liked the location across from St Stephens Green so stayed the the next visit and was so happy we again stayed at Shelbourne just a few weeks ago. Beautiful hotel with awesome service, lovely rooms that have all been recently updated, ideal location. If we opted to include their amazing breakfast buffet. If your budget permits, the Shelbourne wins!

Western Ireland...
Level Contributor
183 posts
8 reviews
9. Re: Best area to stay

Always stay in the Camden Court hotel.. lovely foyer great restaurant nice rooms.. Excellent location.. Luas stop 1 mins walk from hotel.. Stephens green Grafton street 10 min walk or hop on Luas and be there in 2 minutes

Air coach stops outside and underground car park if required..

Reply to: Best area to stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted