We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

luggage storage

Grande Prairie...
3 posts
luggage storage

I'm looking for a place in Dublin to store luggage for a few hours until I can check in to an apartment rental. I thought I had read somewhere that there was an internet cafe that would have such a facility. Somewhere close to Dublin castle area.

18 replies to this topic
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
27,044 posts
80 reviews
1. Re: luggage storage

if you are booking into an apartment, why are you not bringing your luggage with you? that would appear to be the most logical. i dont see any benefit in trying to find a place to store luggage while you check in, only to have to go back and collect it.

as for leaving it in an internet cafe.....dont ! there would be absolutely no guarantee of its safety.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,898 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: luggage storage

nakagoli;

There are probably dozens of folks every week with the same problem.

Arrive DUB 7am, three bags full, B&B not ready until sometime between 1 and 4pm.

I was told Busaras may have lockers and also the Visitor Centre but have not been able to clarify that.

Edited: 16 November 2017, 18:34
Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
531 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: luggage storage

I was pretty sure that Visitor center on O'Connell and Grafton took it for 24Hrs as well, here is a link you might try

https://www.dublinvisitorcentre.ie/

touristofficedublin.com/luggagestorage.php

college green is very close to Dublin Castle. Much closer than O'Connell, Grafton Street close as well..

Edited: 16 November 2017, 21:25
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
27,044 posts
80 reviews
4. Re: luggage storage

ah, that is clearer. but maybe you should consider leaving luggage at DUB and taking the bus or a taxi over to malahide for a few hours. otherwise, take the bus into busaras (bus station) and leave your luggage there. you can collect it later and take the luas tram to get you close to dublin castle area

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
10,999 posts
228 reviews
5. Re: luggage storage

This would work best for Dublin Castle area

touristofficedublin.com/luggagestorage.php

Crystal River
Level Contributor
119 posts
23 reviews
6. Re: luggage storage

A lot of times the apartment rental will let you keep your luggage there until you can check in.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,898 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: luggage storage

Some of my plans include a couple days away from Dublin, with an accommodation change in the process. On those short jaunts, I can get by with one small bag.

I understand the tourist offices offer storage but I have yet to hear back from them on specifics.

I asked:

--do both locations offer storage?

--is access only during regular business hours?

--do they offer longer than 24 hours storage.

Nor have I been able to confirm busaras bag drop.

An option I have discovered is Ned Kelly’s

https://www.nedkellys.ie/

Other than being a little out of the way, easy bag access and multi day storage seems doable.

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
9,488 posts
8. Re: luggage storage

In the general area of Heuston Train Station, and next door to the Aisling Hotel in Dublin 8:

Tipperary House offers Baggage Storage. Hours of business: 8am to 8pm. Costs Euro 5 per bag or suitcase. Per day, I presume.

www.tipperaryhousedublin.com/baggage-storage/

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dublin, Agadir
Level Contributor
6,281 posts
646 reviews
9. Re: luggage storage

T4Tim, Ned Kelly's isn't that 'out of the way' as it's very central on O'Connell Street.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,898 posts
4 reviews
10. Re: luggage storage

Profesor, that is what I thought looking at a map and satellite, but I'll be jiggered if I can find a bus to get there from near Erne Terrace. Looks like about a half hour walk.

Reply to: luggage storage
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted