We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From heuston station to dundrum shopping centre

Kerry
Level Contributor
337 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
From heuston station to dundrum shopping centre

Hi

I'm coming to Dublin on sat & need directions to Dundrum Shopping Centre. Would a taxi cost a lot? Or can we get the

Also is it a big centre & what shops??

Any help greatly appreciated.

Ammber

County Meath...
Level Contributor
3,300 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From heuston station to dundrum shopping centre

www.luas.ie/interactive-map.html will give you directions.

You will get the rred line right outside Hueston to Abbey St & then change to Green line for Dundrum.

www.dundrum.ie will also be helpful,its a shoppers paradise,enjoy !

Edited: 22 March 2012, 16:37
Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
3,044 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From heuston station to dundrum shopping centre

As journeys go, it's a pain in the butt.

The LUAS option is the best one I know of, but there's a 10-15 min walk between the two lines.

You can also get a LUAS or bus into central Dublin and get a bus to Dundrum.

Unfortunately, you don't seem to be able to buy 1 day bus tickets at Heuston because that might actually be useful.

Kerry
Level Contributor
337 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From heuston station to dundrum shopping centre

Wow! I've just looked at the Dundrum site and I can't wait to spend a few hours there :-)

I just noticed that I didn't finish my second sentence which should have read should we get the LUAS :-)

I think the LUAS will suit best:: hopefully it won't be too busy.

One more thing: afterwards we will want to get to the Hilton at Dublin Airport is it a 'reasonable' journey or should we splash out on a taxi?

Thanks for all your help,

Ammber

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,337 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From heuston station to dundrum shopping centre

The Luas red line will still be out if action at the weekend between Heuston and the city centre.

Take the 145 bus to Trinity College and walk up Grafton St to St Stephen's Green where you will find the Luas green line, which will take you to Dundrum SC. Balally is the best stop for the shopping centre.

Kerry
Level Contributor
337 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From heuston station to dundrum shopping centre

Many thanks: bus it is :-)

Dublin
Level Contributor
2,244 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: From heuston station to dundrum shopping centre

The 145 will take you all the way to St. Stephen's Green, just around the corner from the Luas stop.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,579 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: From heuston station to dundrum shopping centre

Getting to the airport from Dundrum you will need to return to St Stephen's Green on the Luas and then walk around the corner to Dawson St and get the Aircoach.

You will then need to take the hotels shuttle bus to the hotel as it about a mile away from the airport.

Edited: 22 March 2012, 21:14
Dublin, Ireland
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: From heuston station to dundrum shopping centre

hi i was just wondering how much would a taxi be from heuston to dundrum shopping centre?? going there on the 7 dec.

Tralee, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Tralee
Level Contributor
3,845 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: From heuston station to dundrum shopping centre

I brought a group of 6 from Heuston to Dundrum last month. Through Google, I booked a hackney. We were met at the station, dropped at Dundrum. I called the driver back later and we were collected and back at the station in plenty of time. It was a wet windy day so the €30 each way was money well spent! If you want the number, send me pm/

10. Re: From heuston station to dundrum shopping centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 21:18