We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can someone help

ireland
Level Contributor
71 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Can someone help

On google maps it shows 2 Downings bay hotels.

One is up around Downies and the other is showing near Donegal.

They both have the same address but are shown in 2 different areas.

Can someone explain please.

Mentioned in this post
Downings Bay Hotel
Downings Bay Hotel
287 Reviews
Downings, Ireland
Donegal Town
Donegal Town
County Donegal, Ireland
Harvey's Point
Harvey's Point
#1 of 7 hotels in Donegal Town
Villa Rose Hotel
Villa Rose Hotel
#1 of 2 hotels in Ballybofey
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
59,175 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can someone help

I would go with the location shown on the website of the hotel. Can't imagine there would be a "Downings Bay Hotel" located near Dongal Town...

downingsbayhotel.com/Location/Location-Map/

Mentioned in this post
Downings Bay Hotel
Downings Bay Hotel
287 Reviews
Downings, Ireland
Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can someone help

I think that this issue was raised before on this Forum - there is only one Downings Bay Hotel and it's in the village of Downings on the north coast of Donegal. I suspect that the person who located the hotel near Donegal Town on the map was confused between Donegal Town and County Donegal. BTW - I'm not sure where the "Downies" title originally came from - I've seen it on maps etc but the village is generally known locally as Downings.

Mentioned in this post
Downings Bay Hotel
Downings Bay Hotel
287 Reviews
Downings, Ireland
Downings
Downings
County Donegal, Ireland
Donegal Town
Donegal Town
County Donegal, Ireland
ireland
Level Contributor
71 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can someone help

Thanks for your replies,

I think I am the person that first mentioned the showing of the hotel as being in 2 areas of Donegal. The picture for the hotel was the same for both areas, thats why I thought there was a mistake.I did not travel that time. I was thinking of booking this time and noticed it is still showing in both areas.

I am aware of Donegal town and Downings ( Downies) and the difference in distance between the two.

However when searching out the position of the Downings Bay Hotel the map shows the hotel as being around Donegal town and up in the north coast also. Obviously it is wrong. I just wondered if the experts might know why. Hope visitors who do not know Donegal will not find themselves in the wrong area of the county when making travel arrangements. Thanks again.

Mentioned in this post
Donegal Town
Donegal Town
County Donegal, Ireland
Downings
Downings
County Donegal, Ireland
Downings Bay Hotel
Downings Bay Hotel
287 Reviews
Downings, Ireland
4. Re: Can someone help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 15:19