We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels around the Glenveigh area?

ireland
Level Contributor
71 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels around the Glenveigh area?

Can anyone tell me are there any hotels between Letterkenny and the area of the glenveigh National Park.

I will be staying in the Ballybofey area to travel around atlantic drive.

However I wanted to visit Glenveigh and it would seem rather than travelling back on myself, it would be better to stay north of Letterkenny or around the Glenveigh area as I am heading there first.

Mentioned in this post
Letterkenny
Letterkenny
County Donegal, Ireland
Ballybofey
Ballybofey
County Donegal, Ireland
Harvey's Point
Harvey's Point
#1 of 7 hotels in Donegal Town
Villa Rose Hotel
Villa Rose Hotel
#1 of 2 hotels in Ballybofey
Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels around the Glenveigh area?

I cannot think of any hotels between Letterkenny and Glenveagh. There are several hotels on the coast around Downings, Carrigart, Dunfanaghy and Marble Hill which shoudl be convenient for both Glenveagh and the Atlantic Drive.

Mentioned in this post
Letterkenny
Letterkenny
County Donegal, Ireland
Downings
Downings
County Donegal, Ireland
Dunfanaghy
Dunfanaghy
County Donegal, Ireland
ireland
Level Contributor
71 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels around the Glenveigh area?

Thanks Domhnall,

for taking the time to reply. I will check some of those areas out and see what they have.

Belfast, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels around the Glenveigh area?

Try Ostan Na Gweedore Hotel near Dunbeg stunning views of Atlantic from Hotel (ask for room with sea view) hotel a bit dated needs rerfurbed but clean

Mentioned in this post
Gweedore
Gweedore
County Donegal, Ireland
Belfast, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels around the Glenveigh area?

Try Ostan Na Gweedore Hotel near Dunbeg stunning views of Atlantic from Hotel (ask for room with sea view) hotel a bit dated needs rerfurbed but clean

Mentioned in this post
Gweedore
Gweedore
County Donegal, Ireland
wichita,ks
Destination Expert
for Wichita
Level Contributor
1,840 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels around the Glenveigh area?

Have you considered a B&B, there are several in the Churchill area.

ireland
Level Contributor
71 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels around the Glenveigh area?

Thanks patrickh, and everyone for your suggestions I will give Churchill and the B & B 's a look over.

Dhun na nGall...
Level Contributor
125 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels around the Glenveigh area?

Ballybofey is only about 40mins drive from Glenveagh so if you where happy with your hotel you could easily return the same day.

The nearest Hotel would be An Chuirt, its approx 15mins drive the otherside of Glenveagh, or else you have plenty of B&Bs in and around Creeslough and Falcarragh which would take about 15mins each to reach from Glenveagh Park.

Mentioned in this post
Ballybofey
Ballybofey
County Donegal, Ireland
ireland
Level Contributor
71 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels around the Glenveigh area?

Hi everyone,

have returned from the weekend in Co. Donegal. Stayed in the Kees, which was lovely. At the end of our trip on Sunday at 4pm I had driven 670 miles.

On Sunday morning, as we were so close, I decided to drive to Sligo and on out to Dromore West.

I have to say the roads now are in excellent nic. Even the more minor roads are very good. They were so quiet also. Hardly met a car at all which was nice for driving on the small country roads.

The worst road I encountered was the road leaving Enniskillen. Even on a lot of the dual carriageway, the road was full of holes, just not a good surface at all, until you reach the motorway .

Good luck everyone.

Mentioned in this post
Donegal Town
Donegal Town
County Donegal, Ireland
Sligo
Sligo
County Sligo, Ireland
Enniskillen
Enniskillen
County Fermanagh, UK
9. Re: Hotels around the Glenveigh area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 16:18