We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kiskeam

Which Cork hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wallasey, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Kiskeam

I am travelling to Kiskeam on Thursday, along with my girlfriend and another couple. We'll be staying at my friends uncle's house in Kiskeam. We're really looking forward to getting away from it all, but as two young couples, we're also interested in the odd night out. By the looks of it Cork City is going to be too far to travel, can anybody advise a destination closer to Kiskeam for a good night out. Doesn't have to be anything special, just a few pubs/bars etc. Maybe a choice of places to eat.

We've got a car for the weekend, but would prefer a destination that we could hire a taxi to.

If anyone has any ideas for days out too, that would be great. Thanks.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,262 posts
374 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kiskeam

Unfortunately the phrase 'middle of nowhere' comes to mind with regard to Kiskeam.

Unless there is a local pub that you can be driven to around the area. Killarney to west and Mallow to the east are your nearest "big" town options, but you will need a nominated driver if you want to party with alcohol as I don't think a taxi will be practical. However your uncle will know better.

If I had to nominate a town for you within a reasonable distance it would be Killarney - great town, lots of pubs/restaurants. It's 25 miles from Kiskeam - about 50 mins drive.

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
8,246 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kiskeam

Tralee, Kanturk and Killarney are your options,if you want to eat and have some fun.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Kiskeam

approx taxi fares to kiskeam from

mallow €75

kilarney €60

tralee €80

4. Re: Kiskeam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Cork