We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ring the bells

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
149 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
ring the bells

Hi, I'm driving from Dublin to Blarney in mid June 2011. I would like to go to St Anne's Church. Have only the day we are driving from Dublin, the following day off to the Ring of kerry. What is the best option with the hire car, leaving it out of the city seems like the go but where? Thanks for any input.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,571 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ring the bells

St Annes (Shandon) is best reached by foot as it is located in the oldest part of cork with narrow winding streets. The best thing to do when you get back to Cork city is to park in one of the City Centre car parks. There are plenty of them, here is a list with prices. It will cost you about 6euro for 3-4 hours but well worth the cost for peace of mind. The car will be perfectly safe in any of them, but as in all cities don't leave any valuable items visible.

From there St Annes is about a 20 minute walk uphill, - make sure you have some idea of the route before you get here !! Also make absolutely certain that the church (and more importantly) the bell tower is open on the day and time of your visit. While there are standard opening times, they can be very informal and sometimes the church is not actually open when it should be. When your trip time gets nearer make contact with me and I will get more details for you.

St Annes is a small church and your visit there will only take about 1 hour.

2. Re: ring the bells

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Cork
Recent Conversations