We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cork Newspaper with Flat Rental Advertisements

Which Cork hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Iowa
Level Contributor
91 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cork Newspaper with Flat Rental Advertisements

Is there one particular day of the week that the local Cork newspaper publishes the new listings for flat rentals? For example, I believe Galway posts the new rental listings on Wednesdays.

Thanks in advance.

Pat

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,388 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cork Newspaper with Flat Rental Advertisements

Pat,

The Evening Echo, publishes a supplement every Tuesday called Evening Echo Free ads. That supplement is full of flat rentals.

I don't think this is available on line.

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cork Newspaper with Flat Rental Advertisements

Hi Pat

Try the following website, this is free and updated daily.

www.daft.ie

Iowa
Level Contributor
91 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cork Newspaper with Flat Rental Advertisements

Thanks for the quick response Bryno and Breezer25. Daft.ie doesn't seem to have a large selection of short term rentals for Cork city centre though I do check it periodically. Glad to learn about the Evening Echo Free Ad supplement. It sounds like there may be a lot more choices available there. Based on the name, I guess it's safe to assume that the supplement comes out on Tuesday evening? I'll probably time my arrival in Cork this Spring based on this publication.

Thanks again for the assistance.

Pat

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,388 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cork Newspaper with Flat Rental Advertisements

Pat, attempted to buy a copy of Evening Echo last tuesday night at 8pm but all gone from the shops. It's a very popular paper and is specific to Cork.

I'll try again next Tuesday.

In my search I found another free ad publication which comes out every Thursday in Munster. It's called Munster Free ads. You cannot view it online but you can put a free ad in online. 160 characters are free. You have to pay for any more than that or if you want a fancy font or photo. Why not put in a short free ad asking for short term letting and see what comes back.

www.munsterfreeads.ie

Iowa
Level Contributor
91 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cork Newspaper with Flat Rental Advertisements

Is it possible to buy it directly from the Echo on a Tuesday before they close for the day and before it hits the newsstands?

Last summer, in Galway they published an "equivalent" advertisement paper on a Thursday as I recall, and a line literally forms outside the newspaper office due to the number of people who are flat hunters. It's almost a ritual in Galway.

If the Echo was essentially sold out by 8:00 pm, what time to they arrive at the newsstands? Must be a pretty popular edition as is the equivalent in Galway.

Thanks for keeping me posted, Bryno.

Pat

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,388 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cork Newspaper with Flat Rental Advertisements

There were plenty of copies of Munster free ads as they are €2 each.

First editions of Evening Echo hit the streets at about 3pm, so no wonder they were gone by 8pm. I'll get one next Tuesday and let you know if it's any good for flat hunters.

7. Re: Cork Newspaper with Flat Rental Advertisements

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 13:17