We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife in Cork

Dublin
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Nightlife in Cork

Hi,

I'm heading down to Cork this weekend for a stag party. We're all late 20's, early 30's, not a bunch of lager louts, but we do like a few drinks.

Can anyone recommend some decent pubs/clubs for Fri/Sat and what time do most places close at the weekend?

Thanks

Cork,Ireland
Level Contributor
352 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightlife in Cork

Hi

Check out www.whazon.com look up Cork pubs you will see a few there. Pubs I like at the moment are

Soho, Crane Lane, The Pavillion,The Roundy. There is a map on it too

You could do 2 areas on the two nights.

Oliver Plunkett Street Area lots off pubs around this area.

Old Oak (late), Counihans (late), Crane Lane (late), walk up oliver plunkett street.

Pavillion is on Careys Lane, you will need to cross patricks street.

Saturday night, Do Washington Street Area.

Roundy, Classic Bar, Soho, The Long Island, Reardens, Mercury Lounge, If you are still alive after all these pubs then you should be doing well.

Dublin
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightlife in Cork

Thanks for that, how late is late? I've heard reports of 1.30 closing which seems a bit early.

Cork,Ireland
Level Contributor
352 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nightlife in Cork

Soho is a late bar, stays open til 1.50 most late bars stay open only until 1.30-2pm. That's Cork for ya!!

Nothing in cork stays open later than that, that I am aware of anyway.??

As I mentioned they are only Bars, nite clubs will close at 2pm if you go to any, I haven't been to one in years so I wouldnt know where to point you.. but

The Bodega has a night club

The Pavillion has a night club

Reardens late bar and night club upstairs

Liquid Lounge

Dublin
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Nightlife in Cork

That's great, thanks for that, very helpful.

5. Re: Nightlife in Cork

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 07:17