We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Self catering in Cork City at Christmas

Atlanta, GA
1 post
Save Topic
Self catering in Cork City at Christmas

Greetings from Atlanta!

We will be traveling to Ireland for the Christmas holidays. We will spend that last few days in Cork City before getting our daughter settled at UCC where she will be studying for the spring term. We would like to get a self catering apartment. There are 5 of us. We would like to be close to UCC so our daughter can become familiar with the area.

Will it be possible to get a self catering apartment for less than a week?

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Patti

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Self catering in Cork City at Christmas

Hi Patti.

I have stayed in 2 apartments in Cork, the 1st one was at Northgate House Apartments at 25, Kyrls Quay (at the top of North Main St) they have 1 & 2 Bedroomed Apartments to hire. With the 2 bedrooms you have a choice of having one with either 1 or 2 Bathrooms in it, they are very nice apartments very clean rooms. It would be a 15 minutes walk to UCC from there.

E-Mail : northgate@eircom.net

The 2nd Apartment I stayed in was at Garnish House which is 2 minutes walk across the road to UCC. But I do know that they have a House across the road from the Main House which if you booked early enough ( they get booked up very fast) I know would suit you & your family you would have the whole house to yourselves but as I said it gets booked early for Christmas. Here is their website check it out :

www.garnish.ie

E-Mail : garnish@iol.ie

Good Luck with your search & enjoy your Christmas In Cork.

Nebo

Merced, California
Destination Expert
for Killarney
Level Contributor
3,459 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Self catering in Cork City at Christmas

Another one in a good location would be http://www.collegeview.ie/. I have no knowledge of their quality but they seem to have a connection with Killarney House, also on Western Road and comes in at #26 of 47 among Cork Hotels.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,570 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Self catering in Cork City at Christmas

Also have a look at this one. It's a few mins walk from UCC. Acton Lodge is a guesthouse but they have one self catering cottage on the grounds and it looks very nice.

www.actonlodge.com

4. Re: Self catering in Cork City at Christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Cork
Recent Conversations