We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frustrated with Ireland bus schedule..PLEASE HELP!

oregon
Level Contributor
70 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Frustrated with Ireland bus schedule..PLEASE HELP!

I have tried over and over on Eireanne planner to get the bus routes from Kinsale to Dingle and Dingle to Galway and all I get is a message that says something like "your search results could not be stored, start over." I did...over and over!!! Help please! How can I get the timetables and routes for:

Kinsale to Dingle

Dingle to Galway

We leave soon and I need to get this info ASAP. Thanks!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
95 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Frustrated with Ireland bus schedule..PLEASE HELP!

you need to go to http://www.buseireann.ie/ to find about the bus timetable. I have done the Dingle to Galway bus its a great way to see the west part of Ireland. You get the bus to Tralee and changed to the bus to Limerick, then change to the Galway bus. If I remember rightly you leave about 10amish from Dingle and you arrive just before 5pm. You do get a break at Limerick for about 25 minutes

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Frustrated with Ireland bus schedule..PLEASE HELP!

You are right, the journey planner is not working.

You can work it out through timetables, I will come back later and help but am heading off to work now. Someone else may come in with assistance.

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Frustrated with Ireland bus schedule..PLEASE HELP!

You will have to go Kinsale to Cork, Cork to Tralee, Tralee to Dingle. Then back to Tralee and on to Galway. This would be much easier to make the times match using the journey planner, but in any event its going to be a long trip.

This is a map of the bus routes buseireann.ie/pdf/1201263410-LS-Map-outlined…

If you enlarge the map you can see numbers, which relate to the timetables here http://www.buseireann.ie/bubble.php?id=57

so, for example, you need route 40 to go from Cork to Tralee, which confusingly starts at Rosslare.

Its going to be difficult enough to sort out times, but the information is there.

kerry
Level Contributor
515 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Frustrated with Ireland bus schedule..PLEASE HELP!

Oh you poor thing! I sympathise 100 percent with you; the buseireann site bewilders and disturbs me.

However, here is the easiest route (with the least amount of time spent hanging around bus stations) to get you from Dingle to Galway. Sundays will be different, so bear in mind this is a midweek timetable:

Leave Dingle 7.15am. Arrive Tralee 8.35am.

Leave Tralee 9am. Arrive Limerick 11am.

Leave Limerick 11.25am. Arrive Galway 13.45pm.

I know this timetable involves getting out of bed VERY early, but without the buseireann route planner I can't be certain about the later times.

Now I'll go see if I can decipher the Kinsale route with the timetables and will get back to you later...

kerry
Level Contributor
515 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Frustrated with Ireland bus schedule..PLEASE HELP!

Ok, I think I've got the Kinsale to Dingle info, it's raining so I've nothing better to do!!

Anyway, the Cork bus leaves Kinsale everyday at 7.30am, 8.20am, 9.10am, 10.30am and takes 50minutes to complete the journey. There are later buses but I figure you'll want to arrive sooner than later.

These are the times for the No. 40 Cork - Tralee bus:

10.15 - 12.45

11.15 - 13.45

12.15 - 14.45

13.30 - 15.45

Then the times for the Tralee - Dingle bus which takes an hour and a quarter:

11.30am, 14.00, 16.15 and 18.00.

SO...if you take the 9.10 bus from Kinsale, you'd arrive in Cork at 10.00am, just in time to hop on the No. 40 Tralee bus at 10.15. You'll arrive in Tralee at 12.45pm, go for lunch around the corner from the bus station at Stokers Lodge pub, then walk back to the bus station and hop on the Dingle bus at 2pm, arriving in Dingle after 3pm.

Phew...

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Frustrated with Ireland bus schedule..PLEASE HELP!

I'm impressed Nestav :) My brain was getting addled just looking at the timetables...

kerry
Level Contributor
515 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Frustrated with Ireland bus schedule..PLEASE HELP!

My brain has been addled for a long long time, but it's amazing what a good breakfast and a lie-in can do for you!

8. Re: Frustrated with Ireland bus schedule..PLEASE HELP!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 13:18