We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urgent: Lotamore House Tivoli Cork

IRELAND
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Topic
Urgent: Lotamore House Tivoli Cork

Hello everyone

I hope someone can help me. My sons are going to Cork tomorrow Friday 4th July for 2 nights and have left it late to book somewhere to stay.

They managed to get a room at the LOTAMORE HOUSE TIVOLI but they will be relying on public transport.

Is it easy to get to LOTAMORE HOUSE by bus etc or will they have to get a taxi. Does anyone know what a taxi might cost from the Train station and the city centre?

Many thanks in advance

Fiona (a worried mother)

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,528 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Urgent: Lotamore House Tivoli Cork

Aero,

I don't generally recommend lotamore house simply because of it's location. There is no regular public transport there at all, so forget that.

A taxi is the only way. It's only about 2 miles from the train station. It's just off the main dual carriageway from Cork City to East Cork.

No shops or pubs nearby so tell them to stock up with whatever goodies they need before they get there.

They could also walk to the city in about 40 minutes if they are badly stuck. It's a safe walk but on a very busy road.

IRELAND
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Urgent: Lotamore House Tivoli Cork

Thanks very much Bryno for that very helpful advice. Its just a pity they didn't book earlier....

Anyway, the hotel looks nice. I have advised them to get a taxi to the hotel, especially at night.

It has been sooooo hard to find somewhere to stay this weekend in Cork - it is really popular!

I'll let you know how they get on. its certainly a long trip from Belfast.

Now I'd better go and print/read more information for them eg reasonably priced restaurants.

They plan to visit Fota Wildlife Park too.

Take care

Fiona

blackest
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Urgent: Lotamore House Tivoli Cork

Phelans at blarney have a few rooms left this weekend

It's just of the new mallow road and easy to get to on the blarney bus.

www.phelansguesthouse.com

if you book there tell em john sent you.

I hope you like the website since it's my own handy work. Monika the hostess is a friend of mine and I really enjoyed my stay there.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,528 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Urgent: Lotamore House Tivoli Cork

Blackest, very nice website, very informative and the guesthouse looks excellent.

Aero, sorry, they've probably left already - God HELP them, the weather is attrocious and the forecast is not great.

When you are on to them, tell them they can get the train to fota wildlife park from Cork train station about €4 return. I wouldn't go to Fota on a very wet day, it will be pretty miserable and all the 'resident's will be tucked up somewhere dry.

Let us know how they got on and a review of Lotamore house would be helpful.

5. Re: Urgent: Lotamore House Tivoli Cork

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 09:21