We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Host to Canadian Visitors please help

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
353 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Host to Canadian Visitors please help

Hello everyone,

There is a canadian couple coming to stay in my sisters house for 5 days (while my sister is staying in their house in canada). So i have the duty of meeting them at cork airport and letting them follow me in their rented car to my sisters house.

As they are only here for 5 days i want to give them as much info on sites and places to go while they are here. They are staying in east cork. So what i have thought about are as follows, i know there is probably lots more but when i am from the area i don't see it as visitors see it (which i know is a shame) so any help or suggestions will be greatly received.

1) Ballycotton (scenic views, lighthouse)

2) Shanagarry (Stephen Pearse Pottery)

4) Ballymaloe ( House & Shop)

3) Youghal (clock tower)

4) Cloyne (round tower, cathedral)

5) Midleton (Jameson Heritage Centre)

6) Cobh ( Heritage centre, cathedral)

7) Cork City ( maybe take the bus tour they will get to see everything and maybe they can pick which sites they want to see)

8) Blarney (castle)

9) Kinsale (Charles Fort)

Day trips:

Killarney ??

Mitchelstown Caves ??

Mizen Head ??

Bantry ??

Also where will i get leaftlets maps etc on sites and attractions?

Thanks so mcuh for your help i really appreciate it

Chuckenpen

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Host to Canadian Visitors please help

Tours heading east from Cork would avoid the Cork traffic, they could do the coast all the way to Waterford (via Copper Coast) and come back on the N25 - the return trip would take about one and a half to two hours, a bit longer going.

You could get lots of free leaflets from the tourist office and let them decide.

Merced, California
Destination Expert
for Killarney
Level Contributor
3,463 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Host to Canadian Visitors please help

Yes, the tourist office is flowing with leaflets or a large hotel lobby if that is more convenient.

Day tours are offered by Bus Eireann and Easy Tours Cork and others.

I think you have a good list for their days in Ireland.

A drive I always enjoy is along the West Cork coast from Kinsale to Bantry and a stop off in Gougane Barra on the way back through Macroom would be a nice end to such a day.

3. Re: Host to Canadian Visitors please help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Cork
Recent Conversations