We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Garnish House

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
195 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Garnish House

Has anyone stayed at the Garnish House and can recommend it? Our first choice, Fernroyd, was fully booked for the date we had in mind. Garnish looks like it would do but I'm a bit alarmed by the 114 reviews! It just seems too high compared to the others to be real.

cork
Level Contributor
270 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Garnish House

Dont worry - it's a very good guesthouse with one of the best breakfasts around!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
195 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Garnish House

Terrific! I hope there are so many posts about it because it is that wonderful.

Anyone have suggestions for what to do our one night in Cork? Sad we can't stay longer. We're doing the west coast mainly this time.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,528 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Garnish House

Yes Garnish is VERY popular. Tell them Clauds and Nebo sent you, that should get you bumped up to the presidential suite (if they have one)

What are your interests? What day of the week will you be here? Loads to do in the city but you need to know where to look.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
195 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Garnish House

We will be in town on a Thursday night in July.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,528 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Garnish House

And your interests?

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
195 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Garnish House

I'm a 30-year-old woman travelling with my parents (in their late 50s/early 60s). We like a good meal, walking around, having a pint. We're not huge shoppers but enjoy browsing. My main interests lie in music, anything having to do with writing, restaurants and food trends, wine, and culture. My parents will go along with anything that interests me! They are city people at heart but also love the ocean, which is why we're sticking mainly to Dublin and the waterfront areas.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,528 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Garnish House

Cork is perfect for what you listed. Loads of nice restaurants here to suit all pockets. City, very easy to get around on foot, also plenty of pubs with trad music.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g186600-c4976/Cork:Ir…

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Garnish House

Hi Writergirl77

I am here to butt in Bryno, writergirl 77 You will not be disappointed if you stay at Garnish House, it has already been said about the Big Breakfasts & it is all true, there is so much to choose from the menu

I take my Senior Football Team over to play a Match & my Lads wouldn't stay anywhere else Johanna ( the owner) spoils them every year we go.

Personally I go over to Cork 3 or 4 times a year ( like Sarnia girl I can't keep away) & I too wouldn't stay anywhere else, to me it is like going home as I am always welcomed with a big hug from Johanna & the Staff. You will like Johanna ( very homely Lady) Marcel ( the Manager) is lovely & the rest of the staff are as well, there is no rush they want you to feel relaxed during your stay with them, I am sure you will want to go back again.

What's all this about the water in Dublin that isn't the only place that has a river Cork has the lovely River Lee running through the City & I think it is better than the Liffey anyday.

Enjoy Your Visit.

Nebo

9. Re: Garnish House

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 02:19