We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cork Pitch and Putt

Liverpool
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Cork Pitch and Putt

Hi

ive been lumbered with organising our football teams end of season weekend away .....which this year will be in cork

Weekend 18th April

We have accommodation booked at the Quality Hotel ...........is it reasonable?

Will be be close to pubs and clubs?

Is there a gentlemans's club for late night drinking?

and .........Finally we plan to participate in a round of Pitch and Putt ......to ultimatly decide who is the best "Golfer"

Can anyone please advise on any of the above

Much Apreciated

Liverpoolbud

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,411 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cork Pitch and Putt

LiverpoolB. There are quite a few P&P clubs in or near the city, but most are open to paid up members only. There was a time when you could walk in and pay green fees. Also, you will need clubs (I presume you are not going to kick the ball around !) Did you intend bringing clubs.

Let me know more about what you expect from P&P and I'll find out details for you.

The nearest club to the Quality would be St Annes P&P, however I'm certain you need to be a member.

Do you intend it to be semi serious game or will it be done for a laugh. A recent group did a P&P round dressed in drag (not in Cork) and it wasn't appreciated!!

One that I know that is open to green fees is St Stephens in Glanmire but that is about 7 miles from the Quality and it's in the middle of nowhere. Lovely course though.

Re the quality. It's a 10 minute walk downhill to city centre and 15 back up !!

Is it reasonable, you asked? Not sure what you mean? As a place to stay, it's fine. Not sure about cost.

There are no 'gentlemans clubs here for late night drinking'. There are many clubs, but doubt if many gentlemen frequent them !!

The hotel will have a late night bar if you are stuck. Not to worry though, the Cork city pubs are fantastic - all of them.

Get back to me about how you planned to organise the P&P and how far you would be willing to travel by taxi to a club.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,411 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cork Pitch and Putt

Here, I found one open to green fees and it's perfect as it's in Douglas which is only about 4 miles from Quality. Taxi there and back would not be expensive.

Douglas village is also a great place for pubs and lunch. Barrys Pub is particularly good serving food, booze and it's a popular sporting venue. You would need to get a taxi from the P&P but it would only take a few mins. You could walk, maybe about 20 mins.

They offer their club to groups, details here:

http://homepage.eircom.net/~douglaspap/greenfees.htm

Only problem now is the clubs.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,411 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cork Pitch and Putt

Apoligies I was confused with the location of this club. It's at Carrs Hill, Douglas. It's still a great option for you though.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cork Pitch and Putt

That is fantastic

thankyou for all your info

our game of p and p is just a light hearted way of staying out the pub for a few hours

we have a game of football scheduled for the sunday ( hangover permitting )

so looking forward to our first trip to your great city

liverpoolbud

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,411 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cork Pitch and Putt

I'll ask around about other P&P options for you. Will you be bringing clubs with you. Only reason I ask is that I doubt very much if any P&P clubs here provide equipment.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cork Pitch and Putt

We will definatley not have any clubs with us ............we were just hoping to hire some!!

Sounds like p and p is a serious business in cork!!

thanks for all your assistance

liverpoolbud

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,411 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cork Pitch and Putt

No, don't think you'll get to hire them here unfortunately.

cork, ireland
Level Contributor
38 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cork Pitch and Putt

This might be a little late but at the pitch n putt club in rosscarbery they rent out the clubs. i guess it is a little far to travel(45mins to city) but ye could maybe organise a mini bus and make a day out of it. pitch n putt in morning and paint balling in afternoon on way back to city( Its somewhere near kinsale)

Liverpool
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cork Pitch and Putt

no ...........thanks alot its not too late

our cork trip is this weekend - we are arriving friday night

im really looking forward to arriving in the city and enjoying the craic!

thanks for everyone on this forum who has been of assistance ........

il report back early next week when the hangover has gone and let you know what i think

cheers

ally

10. Re: Cork Pitch and Putt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 00:19