We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amazing Night Life in Cork

Montana
1 post
Amazing Night Life in Cork

Ireland is full of pubs blasting britney spears for the masses or traditional music for the tourists. To experience Irish musical creativity at its greatest, I highly recommend Utopianation @ 86 Barrack Street. This place is the heart of Cork's alternative scene and the place to see both raw and refined musical talent. Frequented by hippies, hipsters, suits, the fancy, and the freaks, this place is a peaceful microcosm that releflects both Cork's talent and cultural diversity. Thursday night Open Mics are the best (free food & great music!) but the Tuesday Comedy Night and Reggae Nights on Fridays were great too. I highly recommend a stroll up historic Barrack Street to check out this amazing venue.

County Tipperary...
Level Contributor
6,815 posts
1 review
1. Re: Amazing Night Life in Cork

Goodness, you weren't doing much wandering that week were you, to get such a confident handle on the venue and see so many shows?

Where did you stay, and what did you do during the day?

You could buy an ad space you know - oh and lose the brochure-speak.

Conshy, PA
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Amazing Night Life in Cork

LOL - This sounds like the manager posting an advert for the upcoming tourist season!

Cork
1 post
3. Re: Amazing Night Life in Cork

yeah that is funny, but I ahve been there a few times, it's right by the college that I go to. It is pretty good though. very different to any other pubs here. I was there for comedy kareoke. f'in brilliant is all I ahve to say.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
14,050 posts
389 reviews
4. Re: Amazing Night Life in Cork

I just can't wait to go there, it sounds like Utopia to me ;-)))

5. Re: Amazing Night Life in Cork

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 05:25
Get answers to your questions about Cork
Recent Conversations