We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airbnb at Cork

Level Contributor
19 posts
131 reviews
Save Topic
Airbnb at Cork

Has anyone tried Airbnb at Cork? Is it reliable and safe?

13 replies to this topic
Maryland
Level Contributor
4,827 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airbnb at Cork

Just DO NOT wire transfer any funds period. Stay within the website only to pay and only use a credit card to pay in case of a problem, the cc will be your safety feature.

Edited: 11 August 2018, 15:25
2. Re: Airbnb at Cork

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2018, 16:40

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
31,557 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Airbnb at Cork

Best post a link on here prior to booking.

Level Contributor
19 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airbnb at Cork

Thanks all. I am still considering of using Airbnb. As I will be visiting Cork in late October, I still have time.

Actually, I have not tried Airbnb before, I normally booked the accommodation that is registered to the local government. However, I found that the accommodation cost is quite expensive at Cork, so, I am thinking Airbnb this time.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick
Level Contributor
28,734 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airbnb at Cork

During the last weekend in October, Cork hosts the annual Jazz Festival and that is why you are probably finding it difficult to get accommodation reasonably priced.

If you are not a jazz fan, you might consider either changing your location or changing your dates

Level Contributor
19 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airbnb at Cork

I didn't realise the jazz festival...I booked the ticket arriving on 29-Oct, that's why 'm looking for accommodation now. Hope I can get a place (not hostel) no more than €450 for 7 nights.

County Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for County Cork
Level Contributor
2,862 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airbnb at Cork

Oh you should definitely get an apartment for less than that in Cork. Have you tried Booking.com and use their filters?

Level Contributor
19 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airbnb at Cork

I forgot to mention I need a parking space...

Tried, but no luck :(

County Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for County Cork
Level Contributor
2,862 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airbnb at Cork

Well if you have a car, you could get a house just outside Cork? have you tried Bed and Breakfasts? They usually to always have parking.

https://www.bandbireland.com/

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Airbnb at Cork

We stayed in Cobh a few years ago and loved it! Used Airbnb for it too and it was a fantastic location, right on the water across from the Titanic Museum. The drive in Cork City was an easy/quick one as well.

If you like a link to the Airbnb we used in Cobh, I'd gladly send it your way.

(Note: I used Airbnb exclusively for my first trip to Ireland in 2016 [6 locations rented] and I'll be using it again in October [6 locations again] - my best suggestion is to spend some time looking around - and always read the reviews. The owners can't change the reviews so you'll find them very beneficial).

Reply to: Airbnb at Cork
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cork
Recent Conversations