We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kinsale to Kilkenny: stops along the way

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
98 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Kinsale to Kilkenny: stops along the way

It says it will take roughly 2 hours via the M8 to get to the Mount Juliet estate outside Kilkenny from Kinsale. I was wondering if I could/should stop either at Blarney or Cashel. Which one would you pick if I am with two boys 12 and 10? Where would be a good place to stop for lunch?

3 replies to this topic
Cork
Level Contributor
152 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kinsale to Kilkenny: stops along the way

A few ideas:

Michelstown Caves

Cahir Castle

Rock of Cashel

All on the way, plenty of info on google

County Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for County Cork
Level Contributor
2,885 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kinsale to Kilkenny: stops along the way

Well it's really up to yourself. Watch some Youtube videos of both Cashel and Blarney and ask your two boys which they would prefer. It will get them involved and more interested. As for lunch there's no shortage of places near either.

https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Restaurants-g2120…

https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Restaurants-g1865…

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
4,031 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kinsale to Kilkenny: stops along the way

You may find that your kids prefer Cahir Castle to the Rock of Cashel. The Rock of Cashel is more historically significant, but Cahir Castle is a more complete and coherent castle (the fortifications of the Rock of Cashel were largely replaced with ecclesiastical buildingd in the 12th century).

In Cahir, there's a good cafe just across the road from the castle, next to the river, but the name escapes me at the moment.

Reply to: Kinsale to Kilkenny: stops along the way
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cork