We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live at the Marquee location

Which Cork hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
27 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Live at the Marquee location

Can anyone advise me on how to get to the Live at the Marquee venue from Cork airport? Thanks.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,398 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Live at the Marquee location

Such a pity about the dull weather this weekend for the 'Marquee'. This flippin' country - no wonder we spend so much time and money getting out of it.

I'm currently a couch potatoe, watching 'Krakatoa - East of Java' and tucking into a 400g Toblerone while the rain teams outside. Booooooo Hoooooooo

Cork,Ireland
Level Contributor
352 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Live at the Marquee location

The Marquee... is ah em... Marquee!! as Bryno pointed out its a huge tent. .Last year there were bars in there. But as far as I remember it was just one or two beers... they might have been sponsers.. ie if it was Heineken.. you might get Heineken & Miller, or Bud and Guinness etc...Just as you come in. For those of you that dont drink they served soft drinks and I even saw someone get a tea & coffee!! I am not sure if you can bring your own drink... ( that would be an idea) but I would imagine that they will check bags etc going in. So prob better not to bring any...

Luckily the weather is a bit better this week Bryno.. .hopefully you were not too sick after your toblerone... If you have any left you should melt it and put some malibu into it...dip in some fresh fruit... ( so you dont feel as guilty)... yummmmmmmmmy

Cork,Ireland
Level Contributor
352 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Live at the Marquee location

Just realised that I said Heineken & Miller... they are from different Brewery Distributors ooooooooops but you get my drift...

Roll on the 29th of June. Just found out I have to go to England the day before the concert with work, so I will be rushing back to get to it on time... stress factor 90 at the moment....

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,398 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Live at the Marquee location

BabeR, you could bring your own drink in, in your tummy tumkins, you know what I mean? You wouldn't be able to share it but never mind sharing is for losers.

Yes thank you the Toblerone was fantastic, unfortunately 'Krakatoa - East of Java' was a tad far fetched. As for the sun, well I have a nice big red neck on me now after that glorious sunshine on Monday. You could fry an egg on me neck now, if you had an egg.

Cork,Ireland
Level Contributor
352 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Live at the Marquee location

Oh I wish I could wear skirts to work... dont ask, safety shoes issue.. not the most flattering with skirts... its boiling outside. I have the weirdest looking tan... Nice brown arms, neck and face... white legs... got some funny looks when I rolled up my trousers......

Just one piece of advice Bryno... "WEAR SUNCREAM"... hope you dont have to wear a tight fitting collar to work ... could be soar

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,398 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Live at the Marquee location

Yes, I did slap on the suncream but I think just not enough of it. Thanks for thinking of me and my neck though.

Cork,Ireland
Level Contributor
352 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Live at the Marquee location

My BF is in the same situation... Farmers tan.... not to flattering with his pink shirt for work... with a Pink head on him too.... but the Aloe Vera from the fridge is working wonders

Eindhoven
1 post
Save Reply
28. Re: Live at the Marquee location

Hi guys,

I'm also coming for DD, now I'm happy to know that is in a huge tend, my question is: is possible to take pictures? and: what about toilets?

gwenes
1 post
Save Reply
29. Re: Live at the Marquee location

Hey guys could you possibly tell me what the closest b&b to the venue is please? :-)

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,398 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Live at the Marquee location

What great weather we are having here for the Marquee in comparison to 2007 and 2008.

Gwenes, the nearest B&B that I know to the venue is Auburn House on Wellington road. It's a good 25 minute walk to the Marquee. But most people walk from the city centre to the Marquee in any case. The two nearest hotels are The Clarion and Jurys Inn, both are about 20 mins walk to the Marquee.

However any city centre B&B will be fine. Did you have any in mind?

Get answers to your questions about Cork