We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live at the Marquee location

Level Contributor
27 posts
21 reviews
Live at the Marquee location

Can anyone advise me on how to get to the Live at the Marquee venue from Cork airport? Thanks.

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
14,056 posts
389 reviews
1. Re: Live at the Marquee location

If you are going directly from airport to the Marquee venue at the Showgrounds located on Monaghan Road, the best way to get there is by taxi, approx cost 15 euro.

If you want to do it by public transport, get one of the buses from the airport to the Bus station and it's a 20 min walk from there or you can get a taxi from the bus station or the Number 2 bus will take you very near to the venue.

Level Contributor
27 posts
21 reviews
2. Re: Live at the Marquee location

Thanks! And if I was making my way from Cork city centre, would a taxi be the best option?

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
14,056 posts
389 reviews
3. Re: Live at the Marquee location

Yes, taxi is a good idea, but you can also get the number 2 bus. The stop is just beside the bus office. If all those fail, just walk if the weather is fine.

Cork,Ireland
Level Contributor
355 posts
22 reviews
4. Re: Live at the Marquee location

You are prob better off walking down there, soak up the atmosphere on the way down. ..Last year the gardai were not letting cars down some of the nights ( big acts on) Taxis were allowed to go down Monaghan road and drop off and come back up Centre Park Road.

You can either walk down Monaghan Road or Centre Park road. It takes about 15-20 min to walk to the showgrounds-25 from town. I cant believe that Duran Duran are playing... I am so excited... The acts are very good this year...

cavan
1 post
5. Re: Live at the Marquee location

can ne 1 tel me da name of the closest hotel to the marquee location

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
14,056 posts
389 reviews
6. Re: Live at the Marquee location

The Clarion is the closest, then Jurys Inn, then Imperial, then Metropole, after that it's a toss up between loads of them

wexford, ireland
3 posts
1 review
7. Re: Live at the Marquee location

Will I find the marquee cork on the map, or what should I be looking for - that way I can gauge if a hotel is close or not!

Cork,Ireland
Level Contributor
355 posts
22 reviews
8. Re: Live at the Marquee location

As bryno has said the hotels he listed are the nearest.. he wont steer u in the wrong direction. The Clarion & Jurys Inn are the very nearest.

If you are looking for a map go on to the following web page and you will see where it is. www.cabmotors.com.(go to the about us page) It is straight accross the road from the entrance to the show grounds and near pairc ui caoimh...( hurling & football gaelic grounds)

This might give you an idea of how near/far you are, what hotels you want to stay in

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
250 posts
156 reviews
9. Re: Live at the Marquee location

Or look for B&Bs with a Blackrock address!

East Yorkshire
2 posts
10. Re: Live at the Marquee location

me and my mate staying at Cork Airport (Radisson) on our overnight visit to see our boys (soooooo excitied) anyone want to share our taxi?

Get answers to your questions about Cork
Recent Conversations