We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Killarney to Cork to London

Lakewood, Ohio
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Killarney to Cork to London

We will leave Killarney and take a bus to Cork on a Thursday morning in April. Hope to check into a nearby hotel then take the bus to Blarney to tour castle and gardens. Our flight leaves Friday next day mid afternoon. We will get a train or bus to the airport. What else will we have time for? I suppose Cobh is out due to time limits.

3 replies to this topic
Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Cork
Level Contributor
3,420 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Killarney to Cork to London

It depends a little on what mid-afternoon means. If it's around 4pm, you probably just have enough time for a fleeting visit to Cobh. If it's 2:30pm, I wouldn't go as You would need to leave Cobh at 11:30am to be comfortable for that flight.

Kinsale is a safer option as it has a direct bus service to Cork Airport, but you would need to take your bags with you as you don't pass back through Cork.

Otherwise, just take a morning looking around Cork. You'll be able to fit in UCC and The English Market in that time and maybe a more general stroll around.

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Killarney to Cork to London

I agree with Blackgreen. He is spot on regarding your options and I would probably stay in Cork city if your flight is early or mid-afternoon. You could also consider St Finbarrs Cathedral (in the UCC area) and the Shandon Bells (where you can ring the bells if you are up for the climb into the eaves). Enjoy your trip.

County Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for County Cork
Level Contributor
2,291 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Killarney to Cork to London

St. Finbarrs isn't near University College Cork but UCC is an interesting spot to visit especially the Lewis Gluxman gallery in the grounds.

As already said, I'd spend the morning pottering around Cork city. Crawford municipal gallery is worth a pop in and the English Market is worth a visit.

You could stay in Jury's which is beside the bus station. Leave your bags there til ye leave and get the airport bus or a taxi from the bus station for your flight.

Reply to: Killarney to Cork to London
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cork