We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In search of a farm stay or nice self-catering cottage

Yorktown Heights...
2 posts
Save Topic
In search of a farm stay or nice self-catering cottage

My husband and I are looking for a nice self-catering cottage to spend several days. We have seen some advertisements for farm stays, where you get fresh eggs and organic vegetables. Any suggestions?

Warwick, New York
Level Contributor
135 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In search of a farm stay or nice self-catering cottage

I'm not sure about any farm stays, but I can suggest where we will be staying for a few nights next month. Your own self catering castle. Run by the Irish Landmark Trust, they have properties all over the country, we are going to stay in Annesgrove, which is about an hr from the city of Cork. If you want a review once I get back let me know!

Dublin
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In search of a farm stay or nice self-catering cottage

Check out cashelfean holiday homes at http://cashelfean.com/. They have a good range of good quality house in locations in west Cork.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
11,386 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In search of a farm stay or nice self-catering cottage

Specs, lots of good ghost stories about Annesgrove. The gardens are spectacular. You will be very near to Bridgetown Abbey and to the lovely Doneraile forest park, complete with deer herd and another haunted house!

Yorktown Heights...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: In search of a farm stay or nice self-catering cottage

The houses look beautiful! We're also considering County Donegal. Can you make any reccommendations there? I love Kilcar but was considering exploring a little further north, too.

west cork
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: In search of a farm stay or nice self-catering cottage

Try Kilcoe Cottage near Ballydehob www.kilcoecottage.com

6. Re: In search of a farm stay or nice self-catering cottage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2013, 10:17