We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need lodging advice for ennis

chicago
11 posts
Save Topic
need lodging advice for ennis

we'll be staying in ennis only one night, a saturday night in september. we're looking for a hotel or b & b that is reasonably priced and walking distance to the center of activity. thanks in advance.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Southport, Connemara, County Clare, Portumna
Level Contributor
19,601 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: need lodging advice for ennis

I normally use and recommend the Auburn Lodge but this is a bit out of town. In the town on a budget I recommend either Temple Bar(better parking) or Queens. Saturday is a good night in town with plenty going on. My usual haunt is Brogans on O'Connell street good food in the bar before 7ish (restaurant later). Probably music from 9ish.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,601 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: need lodging advice for ennis

Should be Temple Gate Hotel, not Dublin's high price drinking centre,sorry;

www.templegatehotel.com/Low_Rates

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,487 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: need lodging advice for ennis

Have you checked the Old Ground Hotel yet? We stayed there for 3 nights in March 2006 and loved it, right in the center of town and easy access to everything. I belive they are running some great specials right now as well. Enjoy your trip!

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,884 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: need lodging advice for ennis

Here is the new hotel in Ennis.

I have heard nothing but good things about this and was in their yesterday talking to the Chef. Very nice. All the other hotels are old and need modernising.

http://www.ashfordcourt.ie/

Central hotel, 5 minutes and you are in Ennis town itself.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,601 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: need lodging advice for ennis

The Ashford Court is a modern Boutique hotel just out of the centre. Nice but not on my stay there again list.

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,487 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: need lodging advice for ennis

The Old Ground was undergoing "modernization" when we were there in 2006. All of the rooms have now been updated. Ours was for our visit and it was lovely!

7. Re: need lodging advice for ennis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 20:35
Shepherd, Michigan
Level Contributor
239 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: need lodging advice for ennis

We very much enjoyed the Temple Gate Hotel. Their prices were reduced after we made our reservations and they honored the reduced price - no questions asked. The staff were all very friendly and John Madden was a hoot! We were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go within Ennis. We hope to return in May of 2011.

coventry
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: need lodging advice for ennis

I have stayed at The Banner Lodge on Market Square and it ticks all your boxes.

10. Re: need lodging advice for ennis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2010, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about Ennis
Recent Conversations