We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Special events in County Clare 9/16-17?

Beautiful Southern...
Level Contributor
93 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Special events in County Clare 9/16-17?

Any festivals, fairs, shows, music events, even local fundraisers in County Clare those days? We're making Killaloe home base, so Tipperary would be a possibility too for daytime events. We plan to go to the Hospice fundraiser in Clifden on Sunday to hear local talent as we move north. Thank you!

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
18,108 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Special events in County Clare 9/16-17?

Lisdoonvarna Matchmaking festival is on through the month, Clare Shout Fleadh by Tulla

http://www.matchmakerireland.com/

16th to 18th September 2011

Clare Shout Fleadh

Kilkishen

Tel: + 353 061-367516 or 086-2314685

Email: mhogan07@eircom.net

Can't think of anything else local ish but might see you in Clifden the !8th.

Beautiful Southern...
Level Contributor
93 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Special events in County Clare 9/16-17?

Thanks for the tips, Tony, when I googled the Clare Shout Fleadh, it took me to the event page of clare.ie which gave me farmers' market info which we'd really enjoy.

I saw your wonderful slideshow on TA, so I will recognize you and your wife when our paths cross!

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
18,108 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Special events in County Clare 9/16-17?

We will be on a tour with visitors and working up from Ennis on the Saturday night. Probably Mannions Sunday evening for some food to start with and then just wherever the music takes us.

I can recommend Goosers for food in Killaloe and the Pier head if you are in Kinvara for lunch or possibly Busker Brownes if you are dropping into Galway.

From Killaloe last month

http://vimeo.com/27289615

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
3,962 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Special events in County Clare 9/16-17?

Junebug, it's a shame as I think you missed a lot of local events around the County. There was a lot going on towards the end of the Summer.

As Tony suggested, the matchmaking festival is great fun and well worth checking out.......you don't have to be looking for a husband to enjoy the craic there:-)

I know there are a few things on this weekend, but if I come across anything for next weekend I will let you know.

Tony, I checked out your slide show of Killaloe and Lough Derg. You have really done your part in showing the beauty of that part of the county.

I drive up there regularly as I take an elderly friend out for lunch in Killaloe and we sit in the car and enjoy the scenery on the way.

Beautiful Southern...
Level Contributor
93 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Special events in County Clare 9/16-17?

Bannergirl, I think we'll be just fine. We don't need constant entertainment, just didn't want to miss anything. Between the markets, the Matchmaking festival and the Clifden Arts week, I think we're just fine!

tony, have enjoyed your videos, especially thought the music a nice addition. If you have your cute dog and darling granddaughter I think I'll be able to pick you out at Mannions maybe if it's not when we're at the Hospice fundraiser starting at 5pm.

6. Re: Special events in County Clare 9/16-17?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 22:18