We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coastal Co Clare (Irish Independent Article)

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
7,301 posts
Save Topic
Coastal Co Clare (Irish Independent Article)

Continuing the Seaside Secrets series, this time it's the turn of Co. Clare (The Banner County):

independent.ie/travel/inside-ireland/seaside…

Activities include Surfing, Paddle Boarding, Beaches; Fishing and Sea Angling; Buckets & Spades; Sand and Snorkelling. Throw in a shop with Fossils and (another) Mount Vernon and the odd lizard.

Places mentioned include Kilkee, Spanish Point, Lahinch, Loop Head (Carrigaholt, Kilbaha, and Loop Head Lighthouse).

The Cliffs of Moher, of course; and details of how to visit Inish Oirr (the smallest of the Aran Islands) from Doolin.

And, that's only the coastal areas of the county. As Tony is fond of saying, there's an east side to the county as well:

http://www.visitclare.net/

clarefocus.ie/index.php/Tourist-Attractions-…

discoverloughderg.ie/LandActivities/…

http://www.loughnet.com/tourism.html

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
9,517 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coastal Co Clare (Irish Independent Article)

Heading down the week after next to revisit all the places I haven't seen in years.NOT Doolin,am allegic to the place, so many better and nicer places to hear not for-tourists-only-trad. Will be based in the Falls in Ennistymon, so will do a review then. Co. Clare has so much to offer.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
18,115 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coastal Co Clare (Irish Independent Article)

I am mid way through what is becoming a tome on last week of day trips with the daughter and granddaughter including a day down to the Loophead light and a day round the Loughderg drive. What I will say is that the lighthouse is worth the trip and the experience for €3 and stay away from Quilty at high tide (think they purge the sewer's?).

Fanore, County Clare
Level Contributor
627 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Coastal Co Clare (Irish Independent Article)

Harveyireland, you should definitely visit beautiful Fanore, calling into Vasco's or O'Donohues along the coastal drive towards Ballyvaughan,walk on the beach or tackle some of the loop walks in the area.Enjoy the trip

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
3,965 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coastal Co Clare (Irish Independent Article)

Thanks for the link, Uasal. I really enjoyed reading the article.

I am lucky enough to be able to visit one of more of those places every couple of weeks.

Last week I drove through the Burren and all the way up the coast ending up in Lahinch for dinner.

Harvey, hope you have a great trip. I love the Falls hotel, it gets mixed reviews but I have always had a good experience there.

Tony, thenks for the reminder to visit the lighthouse at Loop Head. That is on my to do list in the next week or two.

5. Re: Coastal Co Clare (Irish Independent Article)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 07:17