We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"love irish tours" - ? legit company

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
18 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
"love irish tours" - ? legit company

Planning a trip in Ireland and received very reasonable quotes from a company called " Love Irish tours" . Little concerned about them : website days " serving 35000 a year " but only 5 reviews on FB and no reviews on website

Did anyone actually traveled with them? or know of them ?

Their stated address is Killallon Road, Clonmellon, Navan, Co. Meath, Ireland, but i can not see it on Google map

Just feels wrong

Thank you , appreciate any input

( or link, if any body knows something as " better business bureau " equivalent for Ireland

Mentioned in this post
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
Irish Day Tours
Irish Day Tours
5,329 Reviews
Dublin, Ireland
Navan
Navan
County Meath, Ireland
County Meath
County Meath
Province of Leinster, Ireland
158 replies to this topic
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Dublin
Level Contributor
9,838 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "love irish tours" - ? legit company

Hi Geneva11

While you're waiting for someone with firsthand knowledge, I found this on Google

solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Love-Irish-Tours-…

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
18 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "love irish tours" - ? legit company

thank you , i guess it can be useful

tried to download, but have to get update to iOS 9 first

will do it little tatter

thank you again

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
24,581 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "love irish tours" - ? legit company

as you will see from above quoted link, the firm was only set up in dec 2015, so there will be very few reviews of them. i would have no reason to doubt that they are genuine and efficient, but you are taking a chance. you may find them fantastic. however, if you have any worries, maybe you should look for another operator. mind you, you could be better off doing your own thing and renting a car and then expore as you want. there will be many here who will help you.

Edited: 15 April 2016, 10:43
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
18 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "love irish tours" - ? legit company

thank you again

We wanted to find a local with a car to drive us for 5 days , so we will be able to enjoy a trip without stress of driving on the left side , and get local guidance about genue side of Ireland , not a tourist traps

that is how we find them

I want to give a chance for new business, but they claim 10 y of experience ( can be a in different company ) and thousand served , but my red flag was Facebook review written by 20+ yo living in Dublin " will be back for your tours "

I guess I wanted a positive respond, I always believe that people are good

anyway, thank you for you time and help

Mentioned in this post
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: "love irish tours" - ? legit company

Can't say I know the site or area but we (being 3 lads ) started our website about 2 years ago even tho we have been driving taxis for near on 10 years ,we have never asked our customers to write a review for us on TA or Facebook but a few did fill in a questionnaire & we posted them on our site ,my point is just because your classed as new doesn't mean your less experienced than the big tour operators .sometimes being a small outfit is better ,you go that extra mile because u have to do guests leave happy & feel like they got a great tour &local experience for their money

Galway, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Connemara, The Burren, Galway, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
3,761 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "love irish tours" - ? legit company

It seems this website is some sort of middleman, especially when dealing with the tours out of Galway to the Burren and Connemara. They are using Lally Tours as the main operator to provide the day trips but it's just as easy to book directly with the tour operators - as in Lally Tours in the case of Galway.

Mentioned in this post
Galway
Galway
County Galway, Ireland
The Burren
The Burren
674 Reviews
County Clare, Ireland
Connemara
Connemara
County Galway, Ireland
Lally Tours - Day Tours
Lally Tours - Day Tours
907 Reviews
Galway, Ireland
Los Angeles...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: "love irish tours" - ? legit company

Hi Geneva, I have been in the situation. We received a very reasonable price from this company and we were impressed with their prompt replies to our questions. Mary was the lady who was taking care of our plans with this company and I asked her about the lack of reviews and explained our concerns. She explained that because they were a relatively new business that they don't have many reviews apart from some on their website and on facebook. She explained that she herself had over ten years experience in arranging tours while the company manager (Edel I think) has worked as a manager for two other tour companies in Ireland She also provided us with references and their contact details. I contacted some of the references and they were very positive.

We thought about it for a while but the quotation was just too good to pass up especially as we wanted a two and a half week long tour. In the end it felt like the right choice and we booked our tour.

We arrive in Ireland in July and I will post back here when I return, but for now we are very happy with this company and I would definitely recommend them. Ann, California

Mentioned in this post
Geneva
Geneva
Canton of Geneva, Switzerland
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
Reston, Virginia
Level Contributor
9 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: "love irish tours" - ? legit company

Love Irish tours is the best tour company I have ever used and we travel quite a bit. Go on their Facebook page read my review and others. Hands down the best company. Call Mary Boyle. They have a toll free number / email to contact. They will be available to u while ur in Ireland 24 hours a Day. We felt like we had a family member here She helped us pick placed to stay that were perfect for us. I emailed her just about every day w questions on suggestions for certain areas. She responds immediately. She must sleep w the computer lol. We met her for a drink to celebrate our trip on our last night She is everything I thought and more This company should be number 1 on trip advisor I am a faithful user of trip advisor for advice and to give an opinion. So do urself a favor stop looking and go with this company. You won't be disappointed. Janice Reston Virginia

Edited: 20 June 2016, 06:05
Mentioned in this post
Boyle
Boyle
County Roscommon, Ireland
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
Virginia
Virginia
County Cavan, Ireland
Reston, Virginia
Level Contributor
9 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: "love irish tours" - ? legit company

Love Irish tours is the best tour company we have ever used. We travel a lot. I use trip advisor for advice and to give advice. The attention to detail goes far beyond anything I would expect. Mary Boyle our agent and now someone I consider a dear friend was available to us 24/7 I believe she sleeps with her computer lol. We felt as though we had family here in Ireland I contacted her a lot for advice on our trip and she was always happy to hear from me and so helpful. She matched us up with places to stay that were perfect for us I spent time with communicating to her what we wanted and she did an over the top job. Do yourself a favor look no further they are the best. You will not be disappointed I believe that one day they will be number 1 on trip advisor Janice Reston Virginia

Mentioned in this post
Boyle
Boyle
County Roscommon, Ireland
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
Virginia
Virginia
County Cavan, Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
24,581 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: "love irish tours" - ? legit company

two different postings extolling the virtues of a company? seems a bit of a set-up to me!

Reply to: "love irish tours" - ? legit company
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted