My wife and I will be celebrating our 30th anniversary and we purchased a trip to Ireland which we are staying in several different castles that we will drive to each one. We are flying into Dublin and pick up the car. Then the trip is scheduled to drive to each of the castles which obviously we are free to choose the route to get from one location to the next location. I am looking for input for sites to see and do. Below is the itineary.
Land in Dublin -
1. Drive to Cabra Castle in Kingscourt and spend first night
2. Drive to Kilronan Castle in Roscommon spend second night
3. Drive to Kinnitty Castle in Kinnitty, Offaly spend third and fourth nights
4. Drive to Fitzpatrick Castle in Dublin spend fifth and sixth nights
5. Leave Dublin around noon on the 7 day
My wife and I love to see history and nature . Can any one give me some suggestions off things to see and do along the way? Our trip is at the end of April. Thanks