We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dooley Vacations/Kilronan Castle Estate GRRRR!

Frederick, Maryland
Level Contributor
81 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Dooley Vacations/Kilronan Castle Estate GRRRR!

I have been attempting to contact the Kilronan Castle Estate since 10/23/11 with no response. We are traveling for my husbands 40th birthday and I was trying to set up some spa services and book our dinner reservation. So much for "excellent customer service!"

I contacted customer service at Dooley Vacations who booked our tour, but they were completely useless. The operator told me that she "called Israel all the time and its not THAT expensive." Uhh... not really the point, but thanks for sharing (besides, last time I checked my tour was to Ireland!). Essentially neither company has been any help at all. I guess the take home message is - buyer beware!

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
12,948 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dooley Vacations/Kilronan Castle Estate GRRRR!

Yes, it is annoying in this day and age when companies don't respond to email inquiries. Have you tried calling Kilronan Castle Estate directly? Their phone number is listed in very small type at the bottom of the "Contact Us" page:

+353 (0) 71 9618000

Good luck!

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
14,036 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dooley Vacations/Kilronan Castle Estate GRRRR!

www.kilronancastle.ie/special-offers.html

you can press the "contact us" at the bottom of the page and maybe not have to pay for an international call.....or email them at enquiries@kilronancastle.ie

i makes sense that dooley tours wouldn't be able to assist you with spa treatments or dinner reservations....

hope that helps.....

Frederick, Maryland
Level Contributor
81 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dooley Vacations/Kilronan Castle Estate GRRRR!

I wouldn't expect them to be able to help with our dinner and spa reservations on a normal basis, but we purchased the vouchers for them through Dooley, I had hoped that they would at least put in a phone call to find out why no one is responding. Also, I have contacted Kilronan Estate through their Contact Me link AND via the email address provided - no response. I just wanted other people who are considering using Dooley to book their tour or visiting Kilronan Castle that they might not want to hold their breath waiting for good customer service...

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
54,061 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dooley Vacations/Kilronan Castle Estate GRRRR!

Have you checked your spam folder? Sometimes responses from unfamiliar email addresses are stuck in there.

Just found a nice Christmas offer from a hotel in Cork in mine this morning!

Frederick, Maryland
Level Contributor
81 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dooley Vacations/Kilronan Castle Estate GRRRR!

Well apparently Kilronan replied to my emails. Dooley actually called my husband today after they had contacted Kilronan to find out what the deal was . I checked my spam folder, but there isn't anything in there. Apparently the emails got lost in cyber space...

Lynbrook, New York
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Dooley Vacations/Kilronan Castle Estate GRRRR!

Dear Clients,

we have just received notification of your posting and would like to extend our apologies for any inconvenience experienced. Had we received notice of this posting sooner, we would have contacted you to assist. However, this posting arrived only today into our alerts inbox. Rest assured that when the matter came to our attention we acted immediately and diligently.

Our representative at Kilronan emailed us yesterday, and we immediately contacted you to advise that your emails were answered by Kilronan. However, it was evident that you were not receiving those emails, since you were emailing about the same enquiry again. Thus, Kilronan contacted us to assist with advising of this and verifying your email address.

We called you to notify of this and verify your email address as the email address used in your correspondence with Kilronan was different from what you supplied when you booked via our website.

Your husband answered the call and was advised of the above details, and he provided us with an alternate email address.

Directly after that call, we contacted your husband again to offer a complimentary 1night stay or 3day Dublin pass valued at USD 135 in lieu of a Military Discount. He said he was not in the military, and we decided we would grant him the offer as a birthday bonus or gesture of goodwill. We are pleased that he accepted the 3day Dublin Pass which we are certain you will both enjoy.

We thank you for taking the time to place a follow up posting noting that this matter was resolved.

We extend our best wishes to your husband for a happy 40th birthday and look forward to receiving your feedback on your return.

Traveling to Ireland is the best way to celebrate!

Best Regards,

P.Sciberras

Customer Services Manager

Dooley Vacations

7. Re: Dooley Vacations/Kilronan Castle Estate GRRRR!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2012, 06:15