We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cork or Doolin

Medina, Ohio
Level Contributor
464 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Cork or Doolin

I was just wondering peoples opinions if I should spend 2 nights in Cork or add another night to Doolin? Only staying one night in Doolin currently.

Dublin
Level Contributor
168 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cork or Doolin

One night in Doolin is probably enough, it's a very small town so unless you're very interested in pubs with live music and so forth, there is more to do in Cork.

Medina, Ohio
Level Contributor
464 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cork or Doolin

ok great, thanks

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
17,412 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cork or Doolin

Its not just the nights but what else you aim to do with the days. If you have Doolin planned for the perception of what might be going on in the pubs at night you might be disappointed. If on the other hand you aim to explore more than the average tourist view of the Burren and maybe take a day on the Arans then you might want 2 nights.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
50,167 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cork or Doolin

"Its not just the nights but what else you aim to do with the days. "

Exactly. Doolin is not just about pubs and music at night (And I have some definite mixed opinions on that aspect of it anyway...). It's a great base to see some of the "best of the west" of Ireland.

5. Re: Cork or Doolin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 01:19