We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short vacation last week October

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
58 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Short vacation last week October

Looking for a place for short vacation at the last week of October. Aim is to relax for 4-5 days. Do some walks, cycle and maybe horse riding. And offcorse good beer and just read a book. Any suggestion. I will bebymyselfwithout a car

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
58 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short vacation last week October

I will really be glad if some one can help with this topic/ maybe the problem is the weather? that is the only time I can take short vacation

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short vacation last week October

I dont think the weather will be a problem, I've been in the last week of October several times and it has been good, Where are you flying in to? I would say Dingle (but I always do), great walking, great horseriding, lots of pubs, But, difficult to get to without your own car, and for only 4/5 days not practical, assuming you are starting in Dublin it would take a full day to get there and a full day to get back.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
58 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Short vacation last week October

Any way I do not have direct flight. So iit does not have to be dublin

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Short vacation last week October

No, but it has to be somewhere,! decide where you are flying into and we can be of more help.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,297 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Short vacation last week October

We do similar things to what you want to do, at the same time each year, in Killarney.

Its a nice town, its got lots of spectacular walks and cycles around the area, some excellent horse riding stables and one of my favourite book-shops ever.

Its also got an airport less than 12 miles from it.

Are you planning to hire a car? And where are you flying from?

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
11,955 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Short vacation last week October

How good a rider are you-do you want a one hour trek or a daylong ride out?

Israel
Level Contributor
1,947 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Short vacation last week October

ok ... probably will be Dublin

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
58 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Short vacation last week October

I am flying from Tel Aviv. I do not have direct flight any from to Ireland, so I need to change at the UK

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
58 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Short vacation last week October

I like to ride all day

County Meath...
Level Contributor
3,303 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Short vacation last week October

I am suggesting Waterford www.waterfordtourism.com in Southern Ireland.There is a local airport serviced by Aer Arann www.aerarann.com that operates flights to & from the UK.Alternatively fly in to Dublin with www.aerlingus.com or www.ryanair.com & connect to Waterford (2-3 hours drive) by bus www.buseireann.ie or rail from Dublin Heuston station www.irishrail.ie

There is lots to do in Waterford & a good choice of accommodation,not forgetting Waterford Crystal www.waterfordvisitorcentre.com

Dunmore East is a small fishing village about 10 miles from the city www.waterford-dunmore.com & serviced by a regular bus service www.suirway.com

There are some lovely walks in Dunmore East through woodland & along the cliffs www.dunmorewalks.com

If you choose to stay in Dunmore East I suggest the Beach Guesthouse www.dunmorebeachguesthouse.com

You mentioned horse riding....take a look at www.laketourstables.ie based in Tramore,Co.Waterford again only a few miles from Waterford City & serviced very well by bus.Alternatively there is Pallas Equestrian Centre located between Waterford & Dunmore East & they offer treks to Woodstown Beach or a nearby lake.They don't have a website but I can get you a number at a later date.

I hope I have given you some ideas & something to think about.

Edited: 08 September 2011, 09:45