We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon Next May

Haslett
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon Next May

Hi, I am planning a honeymoon in Ireland for next May and am looking for general advice. We are in the early planning stages and have a couple of ideas of what we want. We will be staying for about 14 days, flying in and out of Dublin. The first few days we will be staying in Dublin as well as the last couple. Any thoughts on activities for the days in-between would be helpful. In between we will be picking up a rental car and are fairly open to places to stay and things to do. We don't want to spend a lot of time in the car so reasonable driving distance would be preferred. Thanks!

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,568 posts
367 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon Next May

Because it's your honeymoon, you will probably want to take some time to relax, chill out after all the 'to dos' of the Wedding.

Therefore, I recommend that you choose two areas of interest and base youselves there for 2 or 3 days at a time which will allow you to explore the immediate area and also take a day trip or two away from there if you want to.

I imagine you will want to spend the first 3 days in dublin and then the last 1 or 2 there also. That leaves you with about 9 days to tour the remainder of the country.

As a kick off for you, I recommend the following:

4 days in County Cork/Kerry

2 Days in County Clare/Limerick

3 Days in Galway/Mayo

The idea would be to choose well located hotels which will act as basecamp. All of the areas I have mentioned above have many good accommodation options.

A very handy website for anyone who is considering a first time trip here is the Heritage Ireland websiite. www.heritageireland.ie The site contains a list of Ireland attractions and it will help you to decide which ones (if any) interest you and therefore begin thinking about an itinerary.

Lots of time to plan so don't rush into anything and come back here often when you need help !

2. Re: Honeymoon Next May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 15:18