We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ireland Livingsocial

Dixon, California
Level Contributor
94 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Ireland Livingsocial

Has anyone thought about purchasing various "specials" from Livingsocial? I just recently signed up for some of the cities I plan on visiting. I'm really hoping to find some good deals on places to stay, things to do, etc. Any thoughts if that may or may not be a good idea?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,586 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ireland Livingsocial

I've used several of these discount websites, found them all to be good except Livingsocial, my main issue is their customer service, I have a problem accessing my account and have emailed them several times over the course of a month and got no reply, I get automated replies telling me to "hang in there" ... I'm still hanging!!!

This page covers most of the deals on offer in Ireland, if you sign up for this you only need to get one email a day rather then 4-5! www.dealpage.ie

One thing I would say is that booking ahead is essential, one particular place I had to book 3 weeks ahead of time as it was so busy.

Dixon, California
Level Contributor
94 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ireland Livingsocial

Great, so good to know! And I definitely be checking out dealpage! Thanks! :)

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ireland Livingsocial

Please do not use Living Social - they are awful. I had an issue with a deal i bought, the company closed down and I have been trying to contact Living Social repeatedly ever since via email which is never responded and by phone which they never answer. I'm literally at the end of my tether and utterly appalled a business is able to carry on in this way. AS for other deal pages, I have used Groupon, Pigs back, Grab one and Smart search and have them excellent.

Edited: 18 July 2012, 11:49
Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ireland Livingsocial

Ive used Livingsocial a few times for restaurants in Galway and never had an issue with any place accepting the vouchers.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ireland Livingsocial

I'm not in any way blaming the companies that use Living Social, I'm sure they are honored - the issue is with Living Social as a company.

Edited: 18 July 2012, 12:17
6. Re: Ireland Livingsocial

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2013, 05:15