We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sports

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,045 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
sports

hey gang, as you know i have an upcoming trip and i have a question about seeing a game of some kind if possible...

my exbrother in law and his wife will be with me from april 29 through may 8...our current plans would be tara, cahir, dingle, oughterard, killaloe and bunratty....will there be any games in any of these areas during that time?...or can you direct me to a site to check schedules and locations?....

thanks in advance....

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
7,646 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: sports

Gaelic Football and Hurling Fixtures can be found at the GAA web site:

http://www.gaa.ie/fixtures-and-results/

A good way to find out what's on locally is to buy the local weekly newspaper, where you will be based:

For Co Galway and parts of Mayo, for example, The Connacht Tribune or The Tuam Herald would be the place to look; The Clare Champion, The Kerryman, The Meath Chronicle (Tara) and so on.

Most of them will be in the local shops from Thursday, with details of the upcoming weekends sporting and other events.

For sports coverage, national and international, you can check out (online, or hard copy) The Irish Independent and The Irish Times:

http://www.independent.ie/sport/

http://www.irishtimes.com/sports/

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
7,646 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: sports

In case fly fishing is of interest, Oughterard in May is one of the best places to be:

guardian.co.uk/travel/…ireland.fishing

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
26,459 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sports

Munster play Connacht on the weekend of the 6th May in Thomond Park. The Semi-final of the Amblin Cup.

Check out www.munsterrugby.ie for tickets. If you need a Limerick address for delivery..... Hub has just said there will be tickets and we'll be at it ;o) (Have our tickets already).

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
26,459 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sports

Sorry, correction, its the semi-final of the Magners.

Amblin is on the previous weekend. If the weekend rugby is successful, we could be playing at home.

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,045 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sports

thanks bean an uasal....i will pass both site on....you are the best!!!

Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
3,135 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: sports

You are arriving as the rugby season begins to climax and just before hurling and football really get going.

There are 3 rugby matches that could fit in with your plans.

1. Leinster v Toulouse, 30 April, Aviva stadium in Dublin. This is the semi final of the Heinekin European cup and is a massive game. This will be sold out quick So if you want to go book quick

www.ticketmaster.ie/event/1800468589742EBE…

2. Munster v Harlequins, 30 April, Thomond Park, limerick. This is semi final of the secondary European cup.

3. Munster v Connacht, 6 May, Thomond Park, Limerick. This is munster's final regular season game of The Magners League so there will be a big crowd. I would advise to buy tickets in advance.

Www.munsterrugby.ie for Munster info as mentioned above

www.leinsterrugby.ie for Leinster info

Let us know how you get on

7. Re: sports

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 04:19