We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Celtic Link Ferries

dublin
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Celtic Link Ferries

Hi i own Celtic Inn France a small hotel in Vendee, West France and use Celtic Link Ferries all the time,they are the cheapest way into France with a family unless you swim!! Not as big as the other companies but very friendly staff and the savings are hugh, bedrooms are larger than most other ships and sailing times are 18 hrs Rosslare to Cherbourg if you have children bring a picnic and dvd player or some board games,and the showers have great pressure...Bon Voyage!!!

dublin
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Celtic Link Ferries

just been on celtic link new ferry the celtic horizon its very nice good service and better beds than irish ferries what also attracted me was Free pet travel

Free bike rack

Free roof rack

Free baby cots on board food service spot on and good value pints same price as at home so all in all a good price and service

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
24,935 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Celtic Link Ferries

Torind, it must have been pretty rough given the recent sea swells and sea states.......

So, where in France did you travel to?

dublin
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Celtic Link Ferries

hi the only ferry from ireland is celtic link roslare to cherbourg as irish ferries dont start back to feb but i had an extra few pints and when fast asleep missed all the bumps and crashes

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
24,935 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Celtic Link Ferries

Torind, I'm fully aware of the ferry situation in Ireland winter but am still wondering where you visited in France. I'm also aware that there were significant sea swells over the last few weeks and that the ferry journeys weren't particularly comfortable.

dublin
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Celtic Link Ferries

hi i live in france and i was returning from my winter vacation in ireland

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,318 posts
380 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Celtic Link Ferries

Ah France (and Vendee), such memories, such lovely memories. Never heard of Celtic link ferries though. Interesting. Are you anything to Celtic Linen?

Rye, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dover, Rye
Level Contributor
5,213 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Celtic Link Ferries

I remember seeing one of their ferries docked in Rosslare harbour I think? It's so boring at ports waiting in "car lines" so I remember glancing around.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
24,935 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Celtic Link Ferries

Tarry - waiting in car lines for ferries (and sub-marine trains) is a fabulous opportunity to people watch!! There are so many different emotions on the faces of people. And its so interesting to watch the behaviours and body language.

All trapped, momentarily, being projected as a group to a different location. And because there is so much more freedom than flying, there is such a wide range of behaviours.

Some people fidget with maps, others fidget with their luggage. Others try to interact with those in the vehicles in front and behind them. Others just stare straight ahead.

Its brilliant :o)

Rye, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dover, Rye
Level Contributor
5,213 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Celtic Link Ferries

I know what you mean though. It's quite interesting to watch people isn't it? Some sit and read, some get out the car to watch the ferry dock and arrive, some get out pillows and whatnot, so I know what you mean. I do both, I sometimes talk to other passengers to, in fact, waiting in the freezing cold we had a long chat with those in the next car next to us that originated from a comment about us wearing the same hat :)

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
17,359 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Celtic Link Ferries

Pictures of the new Celtic Link on Direct ferries Facebook page. Looks clean, clinical and less than comfortable if I'm honest..

www.facebook.com/media/set/…