We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fairly Serious Weather Alert for Sunday-Monday

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,018 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Fairly Serious Weather Alert for Sunday-Monday

Met Eireann are issuing warnings for Sunday and Monday next (7th & 8th November). Strong winds and heavy rain.

This is what the weather gurus on boards.ie are saying:

www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php…

Stay safe people.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fairly Serious Weather Alert for Sunday-Monday

Bean, it sounds as if it is going to be awful allright.

Batten down the hatches and stay indoors.

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
7,880 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fairly Serious Weather Alert for Sunday-Monday

And, in case you were thinking of going for a seafront walk in Clontarf or Sandymount in Dublin on Sunday or Monday and need to park your car, read this from Dublin City Council:

http://dublincity.wordpress.com/

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/

Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
Level Contributor
4,506 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fairly Serious Weather Alert for Sunday-Monday

Particulary bad storm forecast for the south west coast this weekend from Sunday afternoon. Also higher than average tides which might cause some local flooding. Drivers need to take extra care from leaves, fallen trees and branches on roads and take it easy through surface water.

It is normal for this time of year to get high water levels, remember the floods of last November were some of the worst in decades. Could this then become the seasonal norm, I wonder!!

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fairly Serious Weather Alert for Sunday-Monday

It is a beautiful sunny, clear blue sky in Dublin today as I type. Hard to believe from looking out my window what is coming later on.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fairly Serious Weather Alert for Sunday-Monday

OxOxOX: It's the calm before the storm. Yesterday was the same. I was up walking in Kiltiernan early yesterday morning and the views of the city and Dublin Bay were stunning ......then it all changed after lunch!

Dublin really does look swell this morning :-)

Edited: 07 November 2010, 10:26
Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,018 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fairly Serious Weather Alert for Sunday-Monday

Absolutely beautiful here in Limerick this morning.

The trees aren't even moving. It looked like a summer's day earlier.

Thankfully it would appear that those of us inland will escape the worst of the wind.even if we do have a lot of rain.

Tomaz Schafernacker from the BBC on the telly as I type (I LOVE him!!. ) Looks as if there'll be gusts of 65 mph overnight but mainly on the Southern and Western coasts. Eye of the storm during daytime tomorrow. Will park itself over Ireland and the UK for a few days. Cold wet and windy week. Tuesday, low moving towards Europe with big North Easterly on Tuesday. Accuweather suggests winds may be stronger then.

Wednesday looks nice, but rain and autumnal weather for Thursday and gale force winds again, coming from the west. Friday looking OK but rain moving in gradually from the S West.

Elder daughter heading back to Cork in a while. I'm hoping that Cork won't be flooded but there are spring tides and strong southerly winds so I'm hoping she'll bring down the wellies with her!!

Have a good week everyone and stay safe.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
172 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fairly Serious Weather Alert for Sunday-Monday

Very bad weather hitting a lot of the country at the moment, There was a bus crash on the outskirts of Tuam on the n17 main Galway to Tuam road just aorund 8pm this evening, 2 people have lost their lives while more have been brought to hospital, the weather conditions in the area at the time were said to be atrocious. Be safe everyone.

Edited: 07 November 2010, 21:16
North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,387 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fairly Serious Weather Alert for Sunday-Monday

It's getting very windy up in the North. Quite a bit of interference on sky tv and wind howling around the house........ Bad enough up here, never mind if the South west is supposed to get the worst of it.....

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,018 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fairly Serious Weather Alert for Sunday-Monday

Its a bit windy here now, but nothing scary. Lots of water in Limerick City earlier and the river was very high. Part of the problem is the amount of leaves down blocking gulleys etc.

Cork appears OK according to our daughter. Very wet but no flooding.

It was very sad about that accident in Tuam... RIP to those lost.

Sleep well everyone. Stay safe.

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,408 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fairly Serious Weather Alert for Sunday-Monday

Wild wild seas on the Dingle Peninsula