We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many times can u re-enter Ireland on 90 day visitor visa

Which Ireland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
1 post
Save Topic
How many times can u re-enter Ireland on 90 day visitor visa

I am a Canadian who lived in Ireland on a Working Holiday Visa for one year i then came back in on a visitor visa so i can stay for 3 months. i really wanna stay annother 3 months so i can be with my boyfriend for Christmas and new years. If i went to another EU Country for a weekend then came back into ireland would immigration allow me to stay again for another 3 motnhs if i stated my reason is to be with my boyfriend for the holidays and just to visit with him and friends

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How many times can u re-enter Ireland on 90 day visitor visa

You really do need to contact the appropriate authorities to get chapter and verse on this rather than relying on the advice of strangers on a travel forum. In reality, what anyone thinks here will carry no weight with the immigration authorities.

Visitor visas are granted for 90 days and allow you to enter the Republic of Ireland once. As far as we know if you do plan to leave the country and then re-enter, you will need to apply for a re-entry visa before you leave. Overstaying is likely to get you into a lot of trouble now and into the future and we'd strongly advise you to contact INIS for advice before taking any action such as leaving the country for a few days with a view to re-entering. You might find it difficult to convince immigration officials at Irish ports (who ultimately will make the decision to land you or refuse you entry regardless of what visas you have in your possession) of your intentions, given the fact that you have already been issued with a year long working visa and a subsequent holiday visa.

Whatever you decide to do, allow yourself plenty of time to sort it out as the necessary processes can take time so don't leave things to the last minute and hope for the best.

This link has contact details for INIS, the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service:

inis.gov.ie/en/…20Information

2. Re: How many times can u re-enter Ireland on 90 day visitor visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2011, 06:16