We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Extreme Ireland tours to Avoid

France
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Extreme Ireland tours to Avoid

We had booked 2 tours with Extreme Ireland and we were quite dissapointed witht he 2 tours. It was a rented bus and a driver but not a guide!

We visited cliffs of moher burren and we did not learn much at all. The driver spent all the time speaking to the 2 girls in the front seats with him and explained them the sights, the rest in the bus behind had absolutely no explanation of anything.

The driver stopped at Burren and we found out only because we asked, otherwise he said that there was no need to stop the bus and we can drive through the sights. We had little opportunity for phototaking, and the driver was not friendly in general. We are not sure to remember his name, but maybe he is called Paul.

We arrived back in Dublin ay 6.30pm while the brochure at the tourist office said that we would return back at 7.30pm. We got back 1 hour earlier. We compared with other tourists in the hotel later, and learnt that they visited other sites and had interesting stops with other tour companies. Avoid this Company!

In addition, we had some problems witht he volcanic ash problem, and this company is inflexible and require a 7 day cancellation policy to have a 90% refund. It was difficult, who can predict the volcano with 7 days look-ahead information. Anyway we felt cheated with this company. The guides were not trained, and did not seem to know much on the sites except the roads to drive there. They did not know if there were ATM machines, where we can go to buy stamps for postcards etc. They did not know the cities well at all, one driver stopped to ask for directions as well during the tour!

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,386 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Extreme Ireland tours to Avoid

It sounds like a dreadful day tour and that driver seems to have no skills other than driving a bus and chatting up the ladies !!! He doesn't seem like a trained tour guide to me.

I hope you complained to the tour company A little customer service doesn't cost anything..

Boston...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Extreme Ireland tours to Avoid

I would have to say that our experience was the total opposite to this! We had a magnificent time with this company There were 4 of us with them and they brought us to the cliffs of moher and also the giants causeway. Both our guides Patrica and Stephen were very knowledgeable and polite. Maybe we are not talking about the same company or maybe you just were extremely unlucky with your guide! Sorry to hear it anyway

France
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Extreme Ireland tours to Avoid

HI,

I am not sure we were on the same tour. It was a mini bus with about 15 - 20 persons to the bus. We had only 1 driver who was supposed to be the guide as well. the brochures of this company canbe easu=ily found at the tourist office.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Extreme Ireland tours to Avoid

I have found alot of positive reviews of this company in different sites, that have all the same style of writing. I think they compose them themselves, just be warned. They have also had threads deleted on other sites as the moderators there saw through this

Dublin,Ireland
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Extreme Ireland tours to Avoid

Hi, I am the owner of Extreme Ireland and am finding this thread very interesting especially once we have someone from Dublin commenting on this GrandeCapaChino..

Now our tour company has been up and running over 4 years now and we have nothing but compliments from our thousands of visitors every year. We have opened up a new tourist office in Dublin where we serve thousands of customers every week. You can look at the many testimonials that were kindly added to our site www.extremeireland.ie, www.cliffsofmohertours.ie and www.giantscausewaytours.ie that have gladly even left their email addresses for potental customers to contact them for references. They are from all over the world. We have our own buses and yes sometimes we do have to rent out buses as we have more people booked on our tours. I would appreciate if you said the name of your tour guide to me. Your facts however seem to be misleading and in some cases just purely not true. For example you say that we are inflexible, please elaborate on this as i cannot recall you asking us for anything to be flexible about. We do not require a 7 day cancellation policy to have a 90% refund. This is purely untrue. If you look at our website you will see that we provide full refunds within 14 days of cancellation and 50% within 7 days. Regarding the volcano, if you contacted us you would have found out that we provided a 90% refund for everyone that was cancelled on our tours and they could not make it. Our guides are well trained. I would welcome anyone to come on our tours. A driver asking for directions. Please!

If i didnt know any better i would think this person is reporting from another company. And regarding GrandeCapaChion, you have not contributed to any other discussions on tripadvisor but have seemingly searched our company in other websites. Please tell us what other sites threads have been removed as i find this very insulting to say the least.

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,217 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Extreme Ireland tours to Avoid

I think the Extreme Ireland representative has made his position clear. As regards the other negative postings here, I have to admit that I am always highly sceptical about one off postings

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Extreme Ireland tours to Avoid

i would agree - don't go blindly believing a post automatically - a lot of the times its a personal vendetta especially if the poster has posted nothing else on this forum or any reviews etc.

It can ruin a business.

If you have an authentic problem (which the original poster may have) then there is no problem answering the questions from the company and stating your case. But for those who just blindly believe everything they read, I would say practice a bit of caution.

I remember a couple of months ago somebody slating a bicycle shop in Killarney that has been in business for decades - the person in question only lived a few miles from the shop - some people believe what he had written, but thankfully a lot of the veterans on here asked him questions he couldn't answer and he faded away.

Just be careful what you read - especially from brand new posters with nothing else to offer on this forum.

Galway, Ireland
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Extreme Ireland tours to Avoid

I was on a tour with Extreme Ireland and found the guide to be very etertaining and informative. We went bog snorkeling, and also visited Leap Castle. I had no complaints about the company or tour, had a great time...

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
11,619 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Extreme Ireland tours to Avoid

well said soonas and whales.....

mississippi
Level Contributor
371 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Extreme Ireland tours to Avoid

Odd that walkingjoe had another driver when he advertised for this company in June (Bud.) I notice that all his posts relate to this company and all the other positive posters posted only once. May be a great company, but, if so, someone who has been on this forum for a while and posted about something other than this company should vouch for them.