We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

€49 Lidl Hotel Breaks: selected 3* 4* 5* hotels Irl & NI

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
26,511 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
€49 Lidl Hotel Breaks: selected 3* 4* 5* hotels Irl & NI

Yes, you've read it correctly!!

Lidl the discount supermarket are now offering hotel specials in selected 3*, 4* and 5* hotels in Ireland and Northern Ireland for €49 per person per night including dinner, bed and breakfast. No minimum or maximum number of nights, stay dates are the 18th March to the 31st May 2010 and the accommodation must be booked before the 30th April.

The only proviso is that it only applies to minimum 2 sharing

More details at Lidl-Breaks.ie

County Meath...
Level Contributor
3,300 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: €49 Lidl Hotel Breaks: selected 3* 4* 5* hotels Irl & NI

Thanks Bean,will take a look.

Mary

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,154 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: €49 Lidl Hotel Breaks: selected 3* 4* 5* hotels Irl & NI

That sounds very good Bean. Thanks for the link

Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,416 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: €49 Lidl Hotel Breaks: selected 3* 4* 5* hotels Irl & NI

Thanks,

Just had a look at hotels listed for Cork city and Kinsale and there is a very good selection there. There are no 'dives' there which is nice to see.

Caseys of Baltimore would be a very nice choice for anyone wanting to 'get away from it all' for a few days.

It would be interesting to find out whether 'lidl' guests would be treated any differently to 'non LIdl'

Looking forward to feedback.

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: €49 Lidl Hotel Breaks: selected 3* 4* 5* hotels Irl & NI

just read the fine print - 49 Euro sounds great but remember it is per PERSON making it 98 Euro per night.

Also, re. the meal - it says the hotel provides a three course meal - however "lidl people" are only allowed two courses of that.

Also, is it one meal per how many nights? Is it every night or just one night - or one in every three nights.

It does sound like a good deal, but I would do my homework first - lots of hotels are slashing prices at the minute - for instance the Lake Hotel in Killarney are doing a three night rate at the minute for 165 Euro - totalling 330 - its a fab hotel and a four course meal is included. for 30 euro extra I would take that over the other Killarney hotels being offered through the Lidl offer.

Just check and make sure it is the best offer you can get. With the rates of hotels slashing down now, you can get these great deals all over.

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: €49 Lidl Hotel Breaks: selected 3* 4* 5* hotels Irl & NI

can anyone clarify the Meal situation on this lidl offer - is it a meal everynight or just one night - also is there a standard minimum number of nights you must stay.

Tallaght
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: €49 Lidl Hotel Breaks: selected 3* 4* 5* hotels Irl & NI

I have booked a weekend away with Lidl's Offer and after concerns myself I received the below after contacting LIdl

On reading the advert is states clearly that the offer is €49 Dinner, Bed and Breakfast per person per night, a minimum of 2 people must book the offer thus the total for 2 people for 1 night is €98.

You are entitled to a two course (Starter / Main Course…Main Course / Dessert) plus tea or coffee.

I hope that this makes it clearer for you.

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: €49 Lidl Hotel Breaks: selected 3* 4* 5* hotels Irl & NI

hi herbie

thanks for that - so if I picked a place for three nights then it would be three dinners, and three breakfasts. Just wanted to clear it up. I thought it might be just one dinner for the duration of the stay.

ireland
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: €49 Lidl Hotel Breaks: selected 3* 4* 5* hotels Irl & NI

hi everyone,

just returned from a one night stay at the seven oaks hotel in carlow on the lidl breaks.

when we walked into the room we thought oh no what have we done, it was dark, smelled like mould and when we looked out the window we found a wall facing us, the toilet had no seat on it.

we rang reception and said we were'nt happy with it and the receptionist was happy to move us to the next floor in a bright and spacious room.

i think the ground floor wall facing rooms are reserved for the lidl guests.

we booked dinner in the AWRAD WINNING restaurant, the menu for the lidl guests is totally different from the ordinary menu and i am 90% positive that the food for the lidl guests comes from lidl, i think this is the catch in the offer, dont get me wrong there is nothing wrong with lidl food and i do some of my shoppin there every week, the starters were fine, soup and a vol au vont cant really go wrong but the main course was horrible, we thought we would be safe by ordering 2 roast beef dinners but the beef was very fatty with a horrible gravy on it, it was served on a bed of cheesy sliced potatoes, not our thing!!

when we came back form the town we went into the residents bar for a drink, the porter came out at bout 1am with a huge tray of sandwichs for both of us at, we were well impressed :-)

we didn't make breakfast so i cant comment on that!!

all in all it was fine for the money but i wouldn't go back to this hotel, i am booking a different hotel for next week mainly to see what the dinner situatoin is so i will update shortly

ireland
Level Contributor
6,266 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: €49 Lidl Hotel Breaks: selected 3* 4* 5* hotels Irl & NI

OH that sounds awful - you poor thing - but I did laugh when I read it - it was a bit funny.

I have done a bit of research as well and I find that for maybe 10 - 20 Euro more, you can actually book direct with some of the hotels highlighted and get a four course meal with a selection from ALL the menu. So although it looks like a good offer, when you get down to the nitty gritty, you would only be saving about a tenner per person and you are limited in your choices.

County Clare...
Destination Expert
for County Clare, Aran Islands, Bunratty, The Burren
Level Contributor
8,389 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: €49 Lidl Hotel Breaks: selected 3* 4* 5* hotels Irl & NI

Aaaaghh.....welcome to Ireland; a country where zombie banks are taking over the hotel industry and Lidl is driving the menus - what next, anyone? :)