We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair online check-in

Cavan
Destination Expert
for County Cavan
Level Contributor
4,449 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Ryanair online check-in

Travellers on Ryanair should take note that this week will see the complete removal of check-in desks at airports altogether. From this Thursday all Ryanair passengers will be obliged to check-in online for their flights at least four hours before departure.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
17,789 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ryanair online check-in

Another point to note is photo ID.

Driving licences will no longer be valid as photo ID.

This has effectively stopped 3 of my neighbours from using Ryanair to visit family in the UK.

Please print boarding passes a couple of days before required, this web site can close/crash/kick you out, every now and then. Not what you want 5 hours before check in.

County Clare...
Destination Expert
for County Clare, Aran Islands, Bunratty, The Burren
Level Contributor
8,360 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ryanair online check-in

Thank you both for the heads up!

Dublin
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ryanair online check-in

Hi also be aware that you can only do the Ryan Air online checkin a maximum of 15 days in advance unless they are changing that while doing away with airport desks. Therefore if you are travelling for say two weeks you basically must do your check in the day before you travel. Make sure if you can't check in the return journey that you will have internet access to do it before you come home. otherwise you will find they will charge a punative ammount at the airport to do it in person.

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ryanair online check-in

See 'Two nights in Ireland' post (Tipp version) - is there provision for people in this situation?

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,789 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ryanair online check-in

I have just been made aware of another problem on another post.

How do you get Visas checked from Thursday when there are no desks?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ryanair online check-in

Ryanair have instructions in bold letters on their website under the online check in section advising non-EU passengers to present their visas at their visa/document check desk before going through security.

www.ryanair.com/site/EN/notices.php…

I don't use Ryanair and I'm certainly not an apologist for their sharp practices, but they do make this information clear on their website and the usual advice of reading Ryanair terms and conditions carefully applies. It's obviously a requirement of the airline rather than the immigration services.

This has been discussed at length on the Air Travel forum in response to travellers reporting that they were denied boarding having failed to have their visas validated.

We had a young Canadian visiting us over the summer who had flown to Dublin via Ryanair from the UK. She seemed to be on top of what was required of her and at Dublin Airport headed to the Ryanair ticket sales desk where she presented her visa and had her e-ticket printout stamped. It only took a few minutes. Presumably the location of these Ryanair visa/document desks vary from airport to airport but in Dublin it's the Ryanair ticket sales desk, which I presume will continue to function after the check- in desks have been removed.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,789 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ryanair online check-in

Sorted;

" Non EU/EEA passengers – Document check requirements for online check-in?

All none EU passengers must present their Boarding pass and visas to the Ryanair Document Check desk before going through security.

All non EU/EEA passengers must do this in order to ensure compliance with immigration authorities."

Maryland
Level Contributor
55 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ryanair online check-in

What about Americans? The sites I've checked say that US citizens don't need visas.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,252 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ryanair online check-in

It doesn't matter if you need a visa or not you MUST get your documents checked before proceeding to the gate. I have just checked in online and it's very clear what you must do all the way through the process including telling you all about cabin bags, sizes and extras!

The only moan I have is that they only allow check-in 14 days out from travel(although I read somewhere it was 21 days) Now I'll have to find somewhere to print boarding passes off my laptop while travelling in England.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
9,252 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ryanair online check-in

That was meant to read-

"I have just checked in online and I also don't need a visa but you MUST have all documents checked before proceeding to the gate"